Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
After several hundred rounds none of my mags have this issue..... a new mag probably costs less than a cerakote job.
I would speculate a bit and say there is some rough spot inside that might be binding or wearing out your follower... but having not seen it I would only speculate.
Anyway, toss it and get some mags that work. you're wasting good time chasing that rabbit.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
I wouldn’t cerakote a magazine but I agree with grayfox. I wonder if the body of the E-lander mag has been dented or the seam has a bad weld and has started to separate or flex causing the follower to hang. If the E-Lander is defective see if you can return it for a replacement. The follower should slide smoothly in the mag body. I doubt if there is plastic left over from the molding process on the follower impeding it’s movement but is a possibility. Maybe the plastic has peened out on the follower and causing the follower to hang up.
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
I had a burr on a weld spot at the rear of a mag (not elander) that was causing my follower to hang, not every time but many times. some sanding down of the burr and the plastic freed up fine -- that's my one story that leads me to suspect something similar for you. Or maybe there's something like Vascar suggests...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 222
Threads: 58
Joined: Dec 2017
alright i called brownells, even though i bought that grendel mag in May2018, they agreed to change it!
the 28rnd CPD mag was in stock for $5 less price that i payed for 24rnd elander. so i opted for that as a return!
I now have few ASC mags 25rnd, few CPD mags 26 rnd, one 5rnd CPD for target shooting, and will have 28rnd CPD. I need to work more on those mags and see what is reliable what not and where to put more money in future for mags.
Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2019
R2BRO Wrote:Attaching picture of a problem:
![[Image: 3Gpq55R.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/3Gpq55R.jpg)
So i typically do 5 shots; i load 5 rounds in a magazine then usually after 3rd i have this problem.
So in the above picture, what happened is, previous round was successfully extracted, but when new one was about to sent to chamber, it stands 45degree and bolt slams on his body.
Build is my custom build but i used all top notch parts (anderson manufacturing lower is only one from cheaper brand, but that is 7075 stripped lower which i filled in with parts from aero precision and strike industries, so no BCA shit there)
So:
18" faxxon barrel MId system
Rifle buffer and spring
strike industries and aero precision lower parts
Elander 24 rnd magazine (or 28 rnd..dont remember, but Elander..)
Aero precision Upper
Odin Works 20-pos adj. gas block.
Toolcraft NiB BCG
The rounds are custom reloads, but they measure properly.
the BCG is well lubricated
the chamber was cleaned
brass ejects at around 4pm
I tried to give some more gas to adj. gas block, but that doesnt seem to affect it.
ideas?
Does your magazine have an anti-tilt follower? Problem could be as simple as that. I had that problem with my first AR build. Someone mentioned that to me and I replaced the follower on my mags with ones from Magpul (cheap to get) and never had the problem again
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
FemmeFatale Wrote:Does your magazine have an anti-tilt follower? Problem could be as simple as that. I had that problem with my first AR build. Someone mentioned that to me and I replaced the follower on my mags with ones from Magpul (cheap to get) and never had the problem again
Magpul doesn't make grendel followers. The pick is showing a bolt over base malfuction. That's normally caused by a gas issue of some kind.
Posts: 830
Threads: 31
Joined: May 2017
Might want to measure your gas port.