Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What mags should i get
#1
I am starting to compile a list of componets i need for my 6.5 pistol build. the 6.5 Grendel II is a new caliber for me so i will need to mags. who makes the best ones? i currently have ARs in 5.56 and 7.62x39. would i be able to use those mags? i dont really care if i can only load 27 in a 30 or anything like that i just want them to funtion.
Reply
#2
5.56 mags I am told will feed a few rounds of Grendel, but only the first few. I have not personally tried to feed Grendel in 5.56 mags.
That said:
I have ASC 25 round, D&H 10 round, and E Lander 17 round mags for Grendel. All 3 brands work as advertised, no issues so far.

LaRue had 17 round E Landers last week, not sure if they have any in stock now. ammoseek lists some ASCs at a couple of vendors.

Hope it helps.

Mark
Reply
#3
I use ASC in my 7.62x39 and my Grendel, but I haven't tried to interchange them. I bought bands to designate which was which to keep them from being mistaken by someone in a hurry. If I can remember to, I'll try the x39 mag in the Grendel next week and let you know what happens. I will say that their magazines have ran flawlessly so far out of each gun I've tried.
Reply
#4
For me Cpd mags have been great. Some have needed a feed lip to be tweaked a bit but nothing major. I use the 10 and 26 round cpd mags.

Joebobs is where I have been getting mine and they usually have them instock.
Reply
#5
Hello KD85,

I have ASC 10 rd Grendel mags and they work great, just ordered some 25 rd mags from ASC.
I have used PMAGS for the Grr, I only shot a few rounds but they did work.
Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.
Reply
#6
I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.
Reply
#7
Chipj4 Wrote:I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.

I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.
Reply
#8
A5BLASTER Wrote:I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.

Thanks. I guess I just assumed they were aluminium do to their thinness. Shows what I know :-)
Reply
#9
When buying mags.who has the best deals with postage included?
Reply
#10
A5BLASTER Wrote:I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.

What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?
Reply
#11
RifleDisciple Wrote:What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?

All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.
Reply
#12
The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.
Reply
#13
A5BLASTER Wrote:All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.

That is extremely good info to know, thank you.
Reply
#14
Michael-95037 Wrote:The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.

AWESOME! thanks for posting this, just purchased 2 for myself for $29 out the door!! thanks again
Reply
#15
You're welcome.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)