Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
PSA pistol upper
#1
Does anyone have any experiance with this upper? what kind of accuracy are you getting. PSA 12" CARBINE-LENGTH 6.5 GRENDEL 1/8 STAINLESS STEEL 10" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER - WITH BCG & CH - 5165449009

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-12-c...49008.html
Reply
#2
Do a Google search with the search option at the top of the home page. Several threads will come up.
Reply
#3
I bought one. Figured it would be a good beater and if not acceptable accuracy (remembering its a 12"bbl) the barrel could be switched out for something better. I'm still trying to determine how accurate it is by finding a load it likes. I've had a couple of promising groups so I think it'll suffice for what I was looking for, a potential deer hunting pistol.

One thing I am disappointed by, is the QD sling mounts. I've tried two Magpul slings and they both just pull out of either of the handguard's QD mounts. PSA did ship me a Magpul M-lok mount or offer to take the upper on warranty to try to fix. I believe they'd have to mill away like 0.010" from each one to narrow the distance to the detent grooves and refinish.
Reply
#4
mtnlvr Wrote:I bought one. Figured it would be a good beater and if not acceptable accuracy (remembering its a 12"bbl) the barrel could be switched out for something better. I'm still trying to determine how accurate it is by finding a load it likes. I've had a couple of promising groups so I think it'll suffice for what I was looking for, a potential deer hunting pistol.

One thing I am disappointed by, is the QD sling mounts. I've tried two Magpul slings and they both just pull out of either of the handguard's QD mounts. PSA did ship me a Magpul M-lok mount or offer to take the upper on warranty to try to fix. I believe they'd have to mill away like 0.010" from each one to narrow the distance to the detent grooves and refinish.

Beware the MagPul knockoff slings. Their QD mounts are too small and will pull right out. Genuine MagPul is another matter, which might well be what you have - just mentioning it.
Reply
#5
I have the 12” Nitride PSA Pistol kit and I like it. I swapped out the EPT trigger for a RRA NM and went to a higher powered optic. The pistol is harder to shoot for groups but handles well off hand. My 12” has shot 1”-1.5” groups with Hornady Black 123 grain ELD-M. My PSA is about 2.5-3 MOA with Wolf steel case 100 grain FMJ.
Reply
#6
lazyengineer Wrote:Beware the MagPul knockoff slings. Their QD mounts are too small and will pull right out. Genuine MagPul is another matter, which might well be what you have - just mentioning it.

I bought it from Cabelas so I don't believe it would be a knock off. Plus it stays in solid when plugged into the Magpul M-lok mount, the SBA3 brace and the BCM receiver back plate.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)