12-17-2018, 12:53 AM
I picked up one of those carbon fiber tubes also. I put it on my 25-45 Sharps. I rarely use a sling on any rifle but I might put a single point harness on this one since it has an ambi sling point end plate already.
|
Handy Weight Hunting Build 18 inch
|
|
12-17-2018, 12:53 AM
I picked up one of those carbon fiber tubes also. I put it on my 25-45 Sharps. I rarely use a sling on any rifle but I might put a single point harness on this one since it has an ambi sling point end plate already.
01-15-2019, 03:26 PM
I'm wondering if I couldn't mill in some M-lok slots to add any number of things. Maybe use Brigands backer plate if it feels weak.
https://brigandarms.com/product/m-lok-backing-plate/
01-17-2019, 04:35 AM
BKKJ Wrote:I'm wondering if I couldn't mill in some M-lok slots to add any number of things. Maybe use Brigands backer plate if it feels weak. Let us know how it goes if you give it a try
01-24-2019, 11:25 AM
If anyone is interested in one of these tubes, I bought one for my build and decided to use a Aero Atlas instead. I doubt I'll use it on anything else, so I would let it go for around what I've got it in, or a little less. PM me if you're interested.
01-25-2019, 10:07 PM
hootie6828 Wrote:If anyone is interested in one of these tubes, I bought one for my build and decided to use a Aero Atlas instead. I doubt I'll use it on anything else, so I would let it go for around what I've got it in, or a little less. PM me if you're interested. Hmmm, you bought the Aero Atlas from me and I have that carbon handguard in my ebay cart right now, ironic...PM sent.
01-26-2019, 04:12 PM
biodsl Wrote:Lookin' good. It saddens me that Magpul discontinued Foliage. I bought up a bunch of parts before they disappeared from the market. Hopefully Cerakote will continue to sell their Magpul Foliage (which is a bit darker than actual Magpul Foliage furniture). Paint that bad boy!Just wasn't popular enough I guess. I don't have any of the furniture, but I did grab a couple of Foliage magazines while they were still available. Wish now that I'd bought more. Duracoat also offers many flavors of Foliage, including "Magpul". Can't comment on the accuracy of the shade, but all of them are interesting and definitely "foliage green" as we've come to think of it. Duracoat isn't as tough as Cerakote for sure, but it is pretty good and is very easy to apply for the home gunsmith. Cheaper too looks like, though it's catching up with Cerakote apparently. I have a bunch of different Duracoat natural/tactical colors that I've used over the last few years. One of my favorites is a mix of foliage green and dark earth that I call "desert sage". Interesting color. It's kinda greenish, kinda brownish, depending on the light.
01-29-2019, 02:41 PM
https://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/
This outfit has a lot of lightweight parts, magnesium, titanium, etc. High money, but looks to be excellent quality. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|