12-30-2018, 02:19 AM
I would like to buy a silencer. I assume I go the 7.62 size?
Can you help me and guide me to the better ones?
Thanks,.
Can you help me and guide me to the better ones?
Thanks,.
|
Can you recommend a silencer?
|
|
12-30-2018, 02:19 AM
I would like to buy a silencer. I assume I go the 7.62 size?
Can you help me and guide me to the better ones? Thanks,.
12-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Thunder beast arms, silencerco, crux
12-30-2018, 02:59 AM
yes on the 7.62, more flexible.
+1 on the thunder beast ones, they have an ultra-7 that's really good. Mine is still waiting for its get outta jail card...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
01-01-2019, 01:09 AM
I have the Gemtech Dagger.
01-01-2019, 02:21 PM
"I would like to buy a silencer."
Duct tape works pretty good placed right over their mouth. LOL Could not resist it. I think you are looking for a suppressor.
01-01-2019, 02:28 PM
I'm sure there are others just as good but I'm totally happy with my Silencerco Omega 30.
My only regret is not buying one years ago.
01-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Use a Sandman-s on my 12 inch Grendel. Don’t have to wear hearing protection. Built like a tank.
running the Thunderbeast ultra 9 on an 18 inch and 12.5 inch build
01-04-2019, 05:17 AM
Depends on barrel length and purpose.
For "precision" guns I like lightweight and direct thread. For a "hard use" gun and shorter barrel a little heavier suppressor and QD mount is the way to go. I have two Thunder Beast and both are lightweight but use a FLash Hider mount. I also have a very lightweight direct thread QuickSilver Ti can (they are out of business) I use on a precision .308. I like that it doesn't require too much torque on the barrel threads (Rokset) and mess with harmonics A couple companies make a "hunters" suppressor that uses material that isn't designed for full auto or prolonged shot strings. It is very light weight and direct thread. I think Gemtech and Griffin Armament make a version. I also have a Griffin Armament M4SD-K that is VERY durable and handles full auto and short barrels no problem. Heavy can though and not something I'd use for a "precision " gun. (They make a .30cal version that can be used for 65G) Anyway, lots of cans but decide what the rifle will be used for.
01-04-2019, 10:16 AM
[quote=Bearcatrp]Use a Sandman-s on my 12 inch Grendel. Dont have to wear hearing protection.QUOTE]
Bearcat, How many decibels does it shave off the top?
01-05-2019, 12:20 AM
1Shot Wrote:"I would like to buy a silencer."While the common term is suppressor, the ATF as well as the Maxim patent calls them "silencers" Toe-MAY-toe Toe-MAH-toe
01-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Klem Wrote:[quote=Bearcatrp]Use a Sandman-s on my 12 inch Grendel. Don’t have to wear hearing protection.QUOTE]I don’t have a decibel reader but I know I have to wear hearing protection without the suppressor. Decided to try the sandman-s without hearing protection just to see if it rang my ears. Was surprised. Don’t think I would shoot all day without protection but it’s doable if needed. Sounds the same as my 300BO shooting supers.
01-05-2019, 03:55 AM
Bearcatrp Wrote:[quote=Klem] I think we're on the same songsheet. If you start with the premise than no high-power, centrefire suppressor is ever hearing-safe then whatever you do with your ears is on you.
01-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Bearcatrp Wrote:[quote=Klem] I found out through trial and error (which was later confirmed by an industry pro) that different materials will sound different. A "steel" can versus an "aluminum" can versus a "titanium" can all can shave the same decibels but sound much different due to the pitch they create. My Ti cans definitely ring different than iconel steel.
01-05-2019, 09:50 PM
I use a Crux 6.5 Saxon. It's light, quiet and most important, precise. Same accuracy and POI with can on or off.
01-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Doesn't Larue make that new suppressor rig that almost eliminates blowback?
I shot a suppressed 5.56 AR once, and the face full of gas and complete filthy mess it made inside the rifle made me very apprehensive towards suppressing one of my ARs..
01-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Thunderbeast is excellent. Ive heard great things about Crux, too. Mack Bros also makes some good ones from what I hear.
My main advice: - ignore Db ratings. Theres no uniformity for testing, and published Db ratings are routinely shown to be wrong. Most silencers are within a few Db of each other. - length isnt everything. My favorite silencers are 5 and 6 long, and theyre not meaningfully louder than my 9 can. - skip the QD mounts. It doesnt take long to thread on a 5/8-24 can, and youll never need to pop it on/off within 3 secinds anyway. Theyve been shown time and again to introduce accuracy problems. - lighter can be better. Itll change your harmonica less, but it could also completely not matter.
01-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Thunderbeast is the cats meow in the precision world if that is important to you. They make top notch cans but are a bit pricey. I run a Silencerco 300 omega on my 6.5 grendel and creedmoor and love it. It’s lightweight and quite on everything i have put it on.
01-07-2019, 12:16 AM
I think Im going to be ordering a Nomad 30 and run a Q plan B for the mount. Compact, lightweight, and sounds really good
01-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Silencerco Hunter 30
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|