Posts: 107
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2018
I have three 10-round mags I purchased with my new PSA upper. I bought two C Products 10 round and one Elander 10 round from Brownells. I can say I am disappointed with all of them. The two C products are extremely difficult to seat in my lower and have caused several bolt-over misfeeds so far. They are also very difficult to remove as though the feed lips have been spread too far. The Elander has functioned fine and drops free normally so far but will not accept my reloads at 2.260 OAL. Very frustrating. As I said in one of my first posts I feel the lack of good mags is holding this round back. Any ideas to fix the Cproducts? They would easily fit at least 2.230 if I tried.
Posts: 107
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2018
OK after a little research I see the cause of the bolt-over jams may be either under/over gassed or too heavy buffer system. The brass all ejects in a little pile about six feet away at 3'oclock. I am currently running a Spikes ST2 buffer which works fine with my 5.56 upper. Going to try a regular carbine buffer. Still don't know what to do about the spread feed lips. Wish the Elander would accept longer rounds. Are they all like this or did I maybe get defects?
Posts: 107
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2018
Found the problem. It's the "poverty pony" (Anderson) lower. Tried the Grendel upper on both a Savage and Windham lower and all the Grendel mags went in and dropped free normally. Something is out of spec with the Anderson, but not enough to keep it from running perfectly with my 5.56 upper I use on it. New lower is needed which I'll get tomorrow. Oh well you can never have enough AR's LOL.
Posts: 560
Threads: 18
Joined: Jan 2018
Try backing out the magazine catch one rotation. This should make mags sit a little easier
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Bronsonburner Wrote:Found the problem. It's the "poverty pony" (Anderson) lower. Tried the Grendel upper on both a Savage and Windham lower and all the Grendel mags went in and dropped free normally. Something is out of spec with the Anderson, but not enough to keep it from running perfectly with my 5.56 upper I use on it. New lower is needed which I'll get tomorrow. Oh well you can never have enough AR's LOL.
Yea that Anderson is out of spec a bit more then likely.
I have Anderson and aero lowers and have yet to have a mag insertion/extraction problem, but QC problems do slip throw sometimes with any company.
As far as handloads go that's why I ditched the elanders well that and because the newer cproducts hold 26 rounds for when I want a high cap mag.