I had about an hour to get out to the range today. To say i am pleased is an understatement.
This group could have been smaller. My shoot-n-see dot came off after the second shot
and my trigger is setup for three gun competition. I had time to get sighted in and shoot this group.
The details
BCA 18'' upper Sku # UA6.5MHB1818(MF) This upper cost $344.95 !!!!!
Hornady Black 123 ELD
Average MV was 2480 FPS ( that is the average for 20 rounds )
Air Temp 71 degrees
Humidity 61% welcome to Georgia
Altitude 1042 Feet
Yes. The process took about 35 days. This gave me time to get Mags, scope, base and ammo in.
I say prepay and wait. The anticipation was killing me! In a good way!!!!
I have a BCA complete upper headed my way from Primary Arms that FedX says will be here Thursday. I ordered it last Thursday night. It is a 20" SS fluted barrel with 15" M-Lock free float tube. It was $339.99 . They have 24" barrel uppers for $349.99. This will be my first 6.5 Grendel. Like you I just wanted something low cost that I could do a little bench playing and deer hunt with mainly in the woods and 200ish yard logging road cuts. I am going to put it on a Bushmaster lower that I have a 3lb CMC trigger in. Depends on how it shoots I may build a dedicated lower for it some day.
I am glad you got a good shooting BCA upper. I got mine and am in the process of sending it to BCA to have it fixed. With Hornady 123 SST it averaged 5 INCH GROUPS at 100 yards. Something is VERY WRONG with it.
1Shot Wrote:I am glad you got a good shooting BCA upper. I got mine and am in the process of sending it to BCA to have it fixed. With Hornady 123 SST it averaged 5 INCH GROUPS at 100 yards. Something is VERY WRONG with it.
Seems like the barrel would have to be loose for something to shoot that bad.
1Shot Wrote:I am glad you got a good shooting BCA upper. I got mine and am in the process of sending it to BCA to have it fixed. With Hornady 123 SST it averaged 5 INCH GROUPS at 100 yards. Something is VERY WRONG with it.
Sorry to here of your problem. I have a couple of friends who have been shooting BCA barrels and upper receivers for quite some time. Both highly recommended this company to me because of the customer service they have received over the years. I know it is a crap shoot when you try to go the budget route, however this particular company seems to have it dialed in. At least in my case. I will be surprised if they don't take care of this for you. Keep us in the loop!
BR549R Wrote:I had about an hour to get out to the range today. To say i am pleased is an understatement.
This group could have been smaller. My shoot-n-see dot came off after the second shot
and my trigger is setup for three gun competition. I had time to get sighted in and shoot this group.
The details
BCA 18'' upper Sku # UA6.5MHB1818(MF) This upper cost $344.95 !!!!!
Hornady Black 123 ELD
Average MV was 2480 FPS ( that is the average for 20 rounds )
Air Temp 71 degrees
Humidity 61% welcome to Georgia
Altitude 1042 Feet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11079[/ATTACH]
More info to come!
See-ya next week !!!!
BR549R
I am very glad to hear that BCA upper is shooting so well. I bought a Classic Firearms barrel that is made by BCA and it looks to have the same specs as the barrel in your upper.
I believe it is the exact same barrel.
Probably gonna be a couple of weeks before I get to fire mine for the first time. Thanks for the info.
No it is the upper that is the problem. The optic is fine and everything was torqued properly. I called BCA Monday and they said to send them an email of the invoice from Primary Arms, which I did, and they would send me a UPS pick up.
I got a return label today for my bca upper. Factory Noslers would be jammed .011 into the rifling. Emailed of the short throat condition without any reply. Call today produced a reply to my email.
question - were these out of stock when you purchased ?
I have this one and others set to email notify when back in stock..
- just wondering if its best to just call & place an order- prepay & then wait it out ?
You may not get an email. I did not get notification that they were back in stock either. Just an advertisement email with some 5.56 uppers listed, and in the mix was BCG's for the Grendel. When I went to their page, they had the uppers in stock.