Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
12" Grendel bags KY doe
#1
I was hunting my boss's farm this weekend and hoping to bag a doe with my 44mag model 29. I brought my newly build SBR Grendel just incase I wasn't able to connect with the pistol.
Beautiful weather and bucks in rut chasing the does around so I had to wait for a mature doe to be in range. That was quite challenging and day three about five minutes before I had to call quits and put the pistol down and let the Grendel take the doe. Sixty yard shot in the neck with factory Hornady 123 AMAX. DRT, took the legs from under her.
Also took a ground hog day two at 75 yards (sorry, no pix).

[url=[Image: photo.jpg]][Image: photo.jpg][/URL]
Reply
#2
Awesome. What can is that?
Reply
#3
Delta P stubby .308 Tornado Technologies suppressor
Reply
#4
Nice, I want a muffler. Time to push this across the country- the future savings in hearing aids---if we have supps. now!

My old man can't hear the TV.

Nice doe for the freezer.Lou, that's my nickname for pops.too.

So how can you get a 12" bbl. in your st.?, and a can to boot?
Reply
#5
Have you tested your loads on a chrony? It would be interesting to see what a 12" does compared to my 18". A 12 with a can is a lot more maneuverable than an 18 with a can.
Reply
#6
A 12" should be around 2300fps with a 123gr.

One of the guys who bought one of those 14.5" Saber Defense barrels was getting 2420fps average from Hornady box A-MAX 123gr. You could possibly be in the low or mid 2300's with a 12".
Reply
#7
Flyby Wrote:Have you tested your loads on a chrony? It would be interesting to see what a 12" does compared to my 18". A 12 with a can is a lot more maneuverable than an 18 with a can.

Its actually 11.5" barrel, I just call it foot long.

123gr Amax: 11.5" Sabre Defence - 2348.8; 17.5" Satern - 2535
90gr TNT: 11.5" Sabre Defence - 2450; 17.5" Satern - 2733.3
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)