Posts: 14
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2017
I bought one five rounder, two tens, and two twenty fives from midway. The twenty fives hold a true twenty five rounds. However, the ten rounders only hold nine, and the five rounder only holds four. Is this common? They seem to function fine, but haven't fired any rounds with them, as I'm still saving for optics.
Posts: 51
Threads: 7
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
A R Stoner mags have typically been ASC mags with an A R Stoner floor plate the last several years. ASC normally counts the chambered round when advertising the capacity. My ASC full size mags only hold 24 rounds and the only difference between the 10 round which holds nine and the five round which hold four is in the mag spring. The ASC 15 round mags only hold fourteen and have the same shape and size of 20 round 5.56/223 mags. The 15 round mag was rejected by AA and never have been sold by AA. The reliability of the 15 round mag would have benefited from a curved body in the 6.5 Grendel.
Posts: 14
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2017
Ok, great. As long as they function fine, I'm fine with it. I'll be sure to pick up some E-Landers as well.
Thanks.
Posts: 1,198
Threads: 52
Joined: Jan 2016
I have a E-lander 4 rounder, ASC 4 rounder, and CPD 5 rounder. The CPD will hold 5 rounds. I find it locks into the magwell easier with the bolt open when loaded to 5 rounds.