Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ar15part.com
#1
Has anyone tried their barrels to see how they shoot? The website claims 1 moa or better.
Reply
#2
doesnt say who makes tha barrels, and uses a 7.62x39 bolt

2 things many people try to avoid
Reply
#3
Yeah I wondered about that too. I thought maybe someone has used their stuff before.
Reply
#4
I have one of their 20" stainless steel barrels and really like it. It is an SAAMI chamber but it does use the type 1 bolt which is a draw back. For the price and the fact that they are ready to ship right away its a great barrel though. Mine shoots boxed ELD at 1MOA all day with the occasional sub MOA group. I am in the process of working up some handloads for it to see what the real accuracy potential is. I would not hesitate to buy another one though and when comparing it to my 18" BHW barrel I like the AR15part.com barrel better.
Reply
#5
I would stay away from Type 1 personally but that's me. I bought an 18 inch. stainless steel nitride fluted twist barrel from DEZ ARMS and I am consistently getting 1/2-1 MOA all day with factory ammo from Hornady. This is my deer hunting rifle. This barrel mates with the Alexander Arms bolt.
Reply
#6
I guess I still don't get what's so wrong with the type 1?
Reply
#7
Miner87 Wrote:I guess I still don't get what's so wrong with the type 1?

Type 1 is essentially a 7.62x39 bolt which is considered an inferior design to the true 6.5 grendel bolt. At the end of the day it all comes down to who makes it and how they do so but I would agree that the 6.5 grendel design is better but there are still people breaking grendel bolts and extractors. In a perfect world you would want a SAAMI chamber and a type 2 bolt but most companies that offer that have wait times to make your barrel.
Reply
#8
I got ya. So it's the durability of the bolt that's affected and not really the accuracy?
Reply
#9
Miner87 Wrote:I got ya. So it's the durability of the bolt that's affected and not really the accuracy?

In theory yes. The head space should not effect accuracy at all. Well at least the difference from .125 to .136 if you barrel was improperly headspaced that would cause a problem.
Reply
#10
Miner87 Wrote:I got ya. So it's the durability of the bolt that's affected and not really the accuracy?

Depending on the quality of the manufacturer of the bolt, some of the cheaper ones take a finished 5.56 bolt and machine the face open to accept the larger 7.63x39 case. This ruins the surface hardening resulting in potential bolt breakage.
Reply
#11
Thanks for all the info
Reply
#12
I've been happy with mine. I have the 20" ss hbar. Shot an antilope with it this year. I haven't been able to get under 1moa with the 123 sst yet but just started loading 95gr vmaxes and got a 0.47 moa group and a 0.32 moa group. I'd say its definitely worth the money if you're on a budget like I was.
Reply
#13
Ryan Wrote:I've been happy with mine. I have the 20" ss hbar. Shot an antilope with it this year. I haven't been able to get under 1moa with the 123 sst yet but just started loading 95gr vmaxes and got a 0.47 moa group and a 0.32 moa group. I'd say its definitely worth the money if you're on a budget like I was.

Ryan, if you dont mind me asking what is your formula with the 95 grain Vmax?
Reply
#14
Miner87 Wrote:I got ya. So it's the durability of the bolt that's affected and not really the accuracy?

Durability of the extractor lip.

[Image: IMG_04561_zpsiqnqanbb.jpg]
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)