Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help me choose
#21
I just got the NightForce Unimount blem from Midway for $181.

It's my favorite one-piece base for the AR15 now.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#22
There is also a $10 grip screw that I sell online that takes all of the creep and travel out of the trigger for a shorter pull and crisper break on the trigger. This combined with polishing the hammer and trigger surfaces make for a cheap but great trigger.
Reply
#23
Scope mounts! Ditto per several above - if you can't sight comfortably / properly nothing works well! You can fix the much of the trigger with a little time and a set screw ( 50 cents at HD ). Probably, the dis-comfort with the sighting process makes you more aware or any other real or perceived shortcomings ( such as spring noise ). When everything else is working well, you won't notice the spring, you will be too fixated on the successes that the other improvements have made.
Reply
#24
Aero one piece scope mount off eBay = $80 or so with shipping - maybe cheaper. There have been multiple "used" Aero scope mounts cheap on eBay this week. AIM Surplus has the Rise 140 AR trigger for about $100 this week - I just put one in AR and seems nice but have not shot it yet. The ALG QMS with JP springs is a nice economical trigger. I would save the spring for last - also, put some grease on the existing spring and it will reduce the noise.
Reply
#25
Retro Wrote:There is also a $10 grip screw that I sell online that takes all of the creep and travel out of the trigger for a shorter pull and crisper break on the trigger. This combined with polishing the hammer and trigger surfaces make for a cheap but great trigger.

Where can I find the ones you sell? I've seen the one from Joe Bob's...but if I can support a forum member instead I will. I'd been debating whether to get one (or two or three or four lol) of them anyway.
Reply
#26
I bought the larue trigger on black Friday sale for $99. I have not been able to find any 1 piece mounts that fits my current scope. Nikon p223 3x32 so I'm just going to get some rings. I will eventually get a better scope and a mount
Reply
#27
ChrisAnderson27 My add is under the seller name of jake-jane. The screw is marked down to $9 or $10 with an allen wrench.
CrisAnderson27 Wrote:Where can I find the ones you sell? I've seen the one from Joe Bob's...but if I can support a forum member instead I will. I'd been debating whether to get one (or two or three or four lol) of them anyway.
Reply
#28
Scope mount!
Reply
#29
Mount first then trigger IMHO. Velocity makes very nice drop in 3lb triggers for around $135.00 shipped if you shop for them.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)