Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ar performance
#1
anyone with experience with their barrels?

Ed
Reply
#2
I run a ARPerformance 18" 5r and ARP bolt on my 6.8 SPC, and it's one of the finest barrel/ bolt combo I've used. Very accurate, ans he modifies the chamber slightly for increased accuracy and velocity.

Never used one of the 6.5 Grendel barrels though, so I can't speak for them. Very pleasant company to deal with, and you could call with any questions or find ARP very active on the 68forums.
Reply
#3
My son and l each bought one with the sinusoidal bolt. I shot mine once to zero and on that first trip it was sub moa. My oldest is waiting for a scope. When I can get another range day I can post some pictures with groups. I will says this, the barrel shipped within a couple of days of ordering and got here fast. I like the innovative bolt design and had bought one of his 800 series for a 450 Bushmaster build, I had Jay at BHW assemble the extension and chamber it. I am very happy with it.
Reply
#4
I have bought multiple 6.8SPC barrels from them - all great barrels.
Reply
#5
Ed in Idaho, Odin works is in your state and they make a great barrel as well Mine shoots Sub MOA right out of box (burned a box of wolf adjusting gas tube then 3 groups of 3 Hornady 123 SST .75 .836 and .75 with 66 yo eyes.
Queen of Battle
Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS
Reply
#6
I have an 18" 6.5 ARP barrel and bolt. It has been finicky as to what load it likes, but when you find the right combo, it shoots lights out. I have shot several 1/2 MOA groups with AR Comp and the 123 AMAX, as well as 100 gr Nosler BT's with BLC-2 and H335. With factory Hornady 123 AMAX or SST's, it shoots about 1.5". I do find that ARP barrels are slightly faster than other barrels of the same length. I chrono'd the 123 AMAX at 2530 fps with 27.7 gr AR COMP. I went as high as 28.5 gr, but accuracy fell off.
Reply
#7
molar Wrote:I have an 18" 6.5 ARP barrel and bolt. It has been finicky as to what load it likes, but when you find the right combo, it shoots lights out. I have shot several 1/2 MOA groups with AR Comp and the 123 AMAX, as well as 100 gr Nosler BT's with BLC-2 and H335. With factory Hornady 123 AMAX or SST's, it shoots about 1.5". I do find that ARP barrels are slightly faster than other barrels of the same length. I chrono'd the 123 AMAX at 2530 fps with 27.7 gr AR COMP. I went as high as 28.5 gr, but accuracy fell off.

Man that is nice velocity from that charge of AR comp and an 18" barrel. My 18" BHW barrel is averaging 2500 fps with 28.3 grains of AR comp and a 123 AMAX. Makes me want to grab one of these barrels and give it a try.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)