Posts: 203
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2016
Here's my grendel built during the panic of 2012. AA forged upper. Fail zero nib bolt carrier. AA hard use bolt. 24" Liberty barrel. Suprising I didn't have the issues others did. Cut off threads and crowned. Now 23". Franklin arsenal billet lower with DD lpk. Kns anti walk pins. 12" DD modular float rail. Bcm medium charge handle, rifle buffer, spring and tube. Geissele Ssa-e trigger. Vltor set screw gas block. Hogue monogrip, and magpul moe rifle stock. 4 color cerakote. Nikon 4.5 x 14 mil dot AO. Fun gun to have.
Yard work is not an excuse!
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Very nice. How does she shoot?
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Great looking Cerakote job

Thank's for sharing!
Posts: 203
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2016
It's only a one moa rifle with factory hornady at 200. Only?? Who am I kidding? It's a great shooting gun. I predominantly shoot handloads. Everything from the 85 gr. Varminter to the 129 ablr seem to shoot well. Ill be sure to get some data and pics posted. It's more of a hunting rifle for me, and I don't shoot far on game. I like to sneak and peek. If it gets away or I run out of daylight, big deal. The work really starts after the hammer falls. I pack in and pack out. Usually without game, but enjoy every minute I can in the sticks.
Yard work is not an excuse!
Posts: 643
Threads: 79
Joined: Dec 2012
everybody is getting the ceracoating down pretty nice. i really gotta get going on that!
Posts: 130
Threads: 10
Joined: Dec 2015
Djgrendel Wrote:I pack in and pack out
How heavy is it??
Posts: 203
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2016
Your gonna laugh. 11 lbs 6 oz with 4 Rd mag.
Yard work is not an excuse!
Posts: 130
Threads: 10
Joined: Dec 2015
Yikes, I did sheep hunt with a 9lb rifle and wanted to throw it off the mountain!