Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Long Range Target Reacquisition
#1
Just thought I'd share this clip from shooting yesterday. I've been playing around for a little while with trying to reacquire targets as fast as possible and getting followup shots on their way with long range. This is the longest I've attempted to date with moderate success. I'm pretty happy with this, 3/9 at 1400 yards in under 10 seconds. Looks like it was averaging 3 rounds in flight at any given time! I might have to take out my 25rd Elander mag sometime and see just how many hits I can get in under 30 seconds.

Target size is 18"x22"

[Image: th_IMG_1858.mp4]
Reply
#2
nice shooting. and excellent training for managing piglet chaos!
Reply
#3
I think that is awesome!
Reply
#4
The first 3 were on, one after another. That's amazing for an 18" wide target with any caliber at that range if you think about it.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#5
Thanks guys! We definitely had a blast that day.

I was also able to get on target with my .260 shooting 140 Hybrids and even 107 SMK's! Blew my mind to hit pretty consistently (and with less drop than the 140 hybrids!) at that range with those light 107's.

My buddy shot the most consistent that day with his new toy: a Desert Tech in 6.5 Creedmoor. He was 8/10 after getting on target. I was pretty surprised for a rifle that had the first rounds fired that day, and shooting factory ammo
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)