Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alexander Arms part 2. My new upper!
#1
Just received it and about to try it out.

Two questions AND I know they have been covered before.
Using Hornady brass till I get some new Lapua. Flash holes are larger in the Hornady.
Short answer. I assume results will be different from both types of brass again assume using same bullets, powder, primers etc.

In other words am I wasting time and components since I will be using Lapua once I get it?

Can anyone please give me the measurements from the base to the ogive in both Hornady 123 Amax factory ammo and also ALEXANDERARMS 123 Scenar using the Hornady comparator.

Apologise for the repeat questions.
Reply
#2
In my experience, there is no difference in loads between the brass. The flash hole size is not a big enough issue to make any measurable difference.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#3
bwaites Wrote:In my experience, there is no difference in loads between the brass. The flash hole size is not a big enough issue to make any measurable difference.

+1

I've found the same. Loads and velocities are virtually the same. Only thing I'm aware of that might matter is the brass life is better with the Lapua.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)