Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Really annoyed with Elander and ASC mags right now..
#1
My loads is 2.275 coal 123scenars

Ok...i've only shot 15 and 10rd. Asc mags for the last couple years with 0 malfunction.

Today out to the range today to tryout new 25rd Elander and ASC mags. Nothing but malfunctions.

I had a mix of my reloads and factory 123 Amax hornady rounds btw....

The ASC rounds all nose dived jamming every other round.. didn't matter if it was reloads or the factory ammo


The elanders fed all the factory ammo fine but couldn't fit my reloads!!! The mags shell is a lot thicker than the asc mags..I would have to reload my scenars to 2.268 and it would barely fit...

I got home and took apart the Asc mags and lubed/ cleaned etc the interiors....I also noticed the feed lip geometry is different than the elanders and I ended up opening em up ...won't know if it will work until next week.....

The most annoying thing is I don't know what's gonna happen to my loads after I shrink em all to fit..
Reply
#2
I thought maximum mag length COAL is 2.26. Might that be the problem?
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#3
biodsl Wrote:I thought maximum mag length COAL is 2.26. Might that be the problem?

Most ASC - CPD mags will allow coal's of 2.300". I dont have any elander mags, but it would seem that they have a thicker shell, reducing OAL's.

CST, try flipping the spring in your ASC mag on its vertical axis and reinstall. This cured feed issues in all my ASC mags, it is simple, cheap, and reversible.
Reply
#4
You also need to compare the orientation of your bullet nose in the new mags versus the old mags that work. I adjusted my feed lips so my bullet nose is pointing slightly upwards. No malfunctions as of yet except when I was tweaking gas block when first installed.

Richard
Reply
#5
i have some ASC 6.5 mags old c-products and some of the new e-landers on order for the 6.5 so i haven't got to try those yet.

i did try some of the other ar=15 mags i had for 5.56 and 5.45 , troys a no-go, e-landers all most work but the rounds want to pop out on the 5.56 mags. so no joy there.

on a lark i tried my ASC 7.62x39 30 round mags-- you know the ones with the "boomerang" shape and the one i tried held 29 rounds and fed perfectly. now i have only emptied that mag three times but it has been 100% with the 6.5 rounds so far.

the ASC 7.62 mag seems to like the 6.5 better than it does 7.62x39 -- as it runs them better if it is only loaded to 24-25 rounds out of my 7.62x39 ar--

i think the 6.5 needs a really stiff mag.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)