Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking to do a grendel build
#1
on the cheap:p

here is a deal i found on a barrel
https://jtdistributing.com/store/product7512.html

https://jtdistributing.com/store/barrels...dium=email
Reply
#2
jt dist was having issues with their grendel barrels about a year ago, they temporarily discontinued them, good to know they have them back up and running.

i have to wonder is these are still being produced by shaw, or a new contract? and JT/doublestar hasn't yet posted anything about their findings involving the original issues.

but $100 bucks is a screaming deal.

nothing against jt dist/doublestar but... have you seen this thread? http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Group-Buy

just an idea.
Reply
#3
The group buy barrel is a screaming deal too! Getting a barrel that is Melonited that will last and be great against rust, weather and so on.
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#4
I have the 16" J & T heavy Chrome Moley barrel which shoots really good for a non free float rack grade barrel. My 16" barrel has a carbine gas system and came with a Phantom Flash Hider. I have had no issues with the carbine gas sysyem other than some lighter charges of CFE 223 (30 grains) and 123 grain Nosler CC which short cycled. I guess the slower burning powder didn't produce the needed pressure quick enough with the carbine gas system.

Alexander Arms only sells midlength gas system with 16" barrels after extensive testing. I bought my J & T upper complete which came with an A-2 front sight tower. If I were buying now with availability of the Wolf steel case ammo I'd probably buy a Chrome lined or Melonite/PQP barrel. I still may jump in on the Faxon barrel deal but the J&T barrel would be very tempting after seeing how mine shoots. My barrel will shoot Hornady A-Max to MOA out passed 600 yards and my hand loads usually run 1-2 MOA.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)