Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Finished up my first build and first 6.5 Grendel
#1
Hey gang,

Thanks for your input when I had questions. I've been collecting parts and recently finished it up.

I have all my components to reload and will be using Redding S bushing FL die and Competition seating die, Lapua brass, CCI450, 123gr SST, CFE 223 for my first test loads.

Can't wait to shoot it!

Build details:

Upper and Lower: $40 Andersons
Lilja 318 18.8" barrel (wow this a sweet looking barrel IMO).
Underground tactical BCG
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul STR stock
Yankee Hill machine handguard
SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block
Spikes mid gas tube
BCM Mid size charging handle
BAD-ASS 45 degree short throw safety
PSA parts make up the rest
Larue mount
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 CDS

FDE Ceracoated parts were done by a local guy and I think they turned out nice.

[Image: IMG_7899%201000%20cropped_zps802nanuv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7900%201000%20cropped_zpsapzdz2sb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7902%201000%20cropped_zpsopffodhk.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7880%201000_zps4qyz4lva.jpg]
Reply
#2
BTW...I just put that bipod on for the pics. It usually resides on my .260 bolt action target rifle. This one will have a sling only and will be primarily used for predator hunting, javelina and some occasional long range screwing around.
Reply
#3
Good looking piece!
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#4
Looks sweet!
Reply
#5
Very nice
Reply
#6
Very nice! I like the 18" barrel in the Grendel. Great length for hunting, shooting LR, that will be my next build 18" Grendel!
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#7
Looks like you did it right, I love the Cerakote job in FDE. I have been using the Anderson receivers lately and they have been outstanding for the money. Well done,Smile
Reply
#8
Very nice, thanks for posting. Let us know how it shoots.
Reply
#9
Good shooting!!
Reply
#10
Very nice.
Reply
#11
looks like you modified the safety to fit your lower? i assume it was pretty easy?
Reply
#12
Thanks guys, I'm excited to shoot it.

CastorTroy Wrote:looks like you modified the safety to fit your lower? i assume it was pretty easy?

Yes, the barrel of the short throw safety has a small metal pin that protrudes a bit. Installing the short throw safety into a lower that doesn't have the small cutout for the pin requires that you remove or grind down the pin. I tried to pull the pin out, but it's hard to get a good grip it's so small. I used a Dremel and a small round cutting bur and ground the pin down to where it was just below the surface of the barrel. Easy to do. A small file would work as well would just take more time.
Reply
#13
That's one very sweet looking rig! Congrats!!

You can tell your local Cerakote guy that he does nice work. Maybe I have a talented guy like that here as well, I need to look into that.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)