Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Extremely Please with my Black Hole Weaponry Upper
#21
1911man Wrote:I have exactly 60 rounds through it at this point.

OK, put a 100 or more through it and compare Amax and SST again and post your results Smile
Reply
#22
lead chucker - who is "they" with the 20% barrel discount?
Reply
#23
DrifterAT Wrote:lead chucker - who is "they" with the 20% barrel discount?

Black hole weaponry!
Reply
#24
Thanks lead chucker!
Reply
#25
So is the 264lbc the same as 6.5 grendel? I thought the grendel had a bigger throat

lead chucker Wrote:black hole weaponry!
Reply
#26
terrywick4 Wrote:So is the 264lbc the same as 6.5 grendel?

No, they are not.

terrywick4 Wrote:I thought the grendel had a bigger throat

Correct. They shoot the same round, but have different throats. 6.5 Grendel has a compound throat with a .300" inside diameter. The .264 LBC has a slightly smaller diameter throat, with no compound throat.
Reply
#27
Just an update on my rifle. I went back to a range with a new batch of SSTs and Amax hornady factory loads and the results were not as impressive but still good. I had a 1/2 MOA five shot group, 3/4 MOA group, and two 1.25" groups with the SSTs. This new box just didnt seem as good as the first but there could be a variety of factors. Still shot well though. The Amax's shot exactly the same. All 4 of my groups were right around .700"-.800". My plan is to get it out to the 300yd and 600yd range next month.
Reply
#28
1911man Wrote:Just an update on my rifle. I went back to a range with a new batch of SSTs and Amax hornady factory loads and the results were not as impressive but still good. I had a 1/2 MOA five shot group, 3/4 MOA group, and two 1.25" groups with the SSTs. This new box just didnt seem as good as the first but there could be a variety of factors. Still shot well though. The Amax's shot exactly the same. All 4 of my groups were right around .700"-.800". My plan is to get it out to the 300yd and 600yd range next month.

That's not too bad, just keep putting some rounds through it... Smile Mine seemed incrementally tighter after after about 200 ish rounds.
Reply
#29
Thanks for the input Dan. I am please with these results considering this is boxed ammo. I am going to keep on enjoying it and if it does tighten up I will be thrilled.
Reply
#30
+1 for the BHW barrels. I have four of their barrels now in various calibers and love them. All have been sub MOA. I also like that the elliptical rifling doesn't seem to pick up much copper fowling.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)