Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
I am going to change the extractor, ejector and their springs with replacements from precision firearms. I told mark to just ship the parts when he ships my rifle, but that was long ago and i am still waiting on the gun.
I want to say it happens when the round is feeding from the right side of the mag. Once i get the parts replaced i will definately start trying to track this problem down.
Posts: 180
Threads: 13
Joined: Mar 2015
do you know anyone else with a 6.5? also just to verify you have tried other lowers? this is what i was told when i had a similar issue. so it could be a bad feed ramp.
"I've had ARs come in with just one of the ramps having an issue (too narrow, cut to deep, wrong angle, etc. ) and it would feed from the opposite side OK, and dent the shell only on the side with the buggered up feed ramp."
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
I have been having this same problem with AA mags 10 rounders. If I have a full mag it will not feed off the left side after 4-5 shots. If I only have 5 rounds in it feeds them all. It dings my brass pretty bad from the bolt lug when it fails to feed.
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
The ejector and extractor were replaced and i fired it this morning. It workex fine for the four rounds i fired but it still is tossing the casings at 1 oclock so i didnt shoot it again.
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
I tried a different lower last Saturday to no avail.
I dropped it off at the gun shop again this afternoon. After showing the smith the pics and talking to him, he feels it is short stroking as some on here said. Hopefully he can find something that will solve the problem.
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Update. I ended up picking the gun up from the lgs because they never did what I asked them to do. They claimed they were waiting on me to bring them ammo.
Any way, I changed the gas block to a syrac adj. clamp on, inspected everything and put a new free float hand guard on it while I had the gas block off.
I fired at least 20 rounds thru it after I got the gas block set up. It ejected everything to 3 o'clock and ran perfect.
The pin on gas block did show signs of leakage and I think it was the culprit all along.