not feeding correctly
#1
for some reason my Grendel is not feeding correctly. it will extract but not catch or partially load the next round. It is all factory ammo, it is an 18 inch Alexander arms upper. I did have a heavy buffer that I just switched to a normal one. Have not had it back out to the range since the switch. Any other ideas if that does not work?
Reply
#2
Need more info. I have a 18" AA barrel that was over gassed. I corrected it with an adjustable gas block. If your upper came from AA assembled I would call them and they should be able to help you. You don't want to mess around with it or they may not warranty it.
Reply
#3
yes, AA built it but, it took almost a year to get it so I would hope not to have to send it back
Reply
#4
I would call and ask them what the turn around time would be before I made my decision.
Reply
#5
The 6.5 Grendel bolts come with a stiff ejector spring which can impede feeding. Some users have radiused the ejector to improve feeding and/or trimmed the ejector spring. I tried an H-2 buffer in my 16" 6.5 Grendel and it caused extraction issues with my reloads using 100 grain HP's (basically short cycled and bolt didn't go far enough to rear to strip top round out of mag). Defective magazines can keep the nose of the bullet to low and hinder feeding, this was not an uncommon problem with the C Products magazines. There is a thread on how to cure this mag problem.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)