Posts: 150
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
Hey, I just got my first broken case ( 6.5 G.) stuck in the chamber. I don't have any broken shell extractor tools. I have tried different easy-out/reamers that fit, being very careful, but nothing can get a grip. Any ideas out there to try. Thanks, Dave.
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
I've heard tell that using an oversized bronze bore brush can do the deed. .45 seems to be about right, iirc.
Posts: 441
Threads: 11
Joined: Mar 2011
NugginFutz Wrote:I've heard tell that using an oversized bronze bore brush can do the deed. .45 seems to be about right, iirc.
Works amazingly well!
Posts: 150
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
Hooray! Now why didn't I think of that. Thanks, Dave.
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 335
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2011
Had that happen on me with one of my FALs. I took it apart and put in the freezer over night. In the morning took a chamber brush and out it can.
Posts: 150
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
usmc, I tried a lot of things including the freezer I just didn't use a big enough bore brush.
Posts: 150
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
It popped out like a champ. Up and running again.
Posts: 441
Threads: 11
Joined: Mar 2011
Trick is to use one slightly oversized for the bore. Enough that it pushes the bristles backwards about 45 degrees. It was either 7mm or 30 cal that worked perfect for me.
Push it into the bore from the chamber end, then pull back
The bristle tips push against the neck rim, plenty of engagement. Does not take inserting it far, with mine just about 1/2 into the bore was enough.
Posts: 335
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2011
Mine workers like a charm. Brass and steel contract differently at the same temp. K ow I have several shell extractors handy. Does anyone know if a 7.62*39 shell extractor work on the Grendel case?