Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First grendel
#1
...
Reply
#2
Exactly what range was this 20 shot group? It looks to be a shooter, nice looking rig!
Reply
#3
This group was shot at 100 yards. Some details on the build

Upper: 24" Bartlein barrel chambered by Precision Firearms
White Oak Armament float tube and hand stop
Phoenix precision front and rear sights with Anschutz inserts
Yankee Hill 1/2 inch riser mount under rear sight
Crosshill Technologies side charging upper
Tried a Syrac adjustable gas block but couldn't get enough air to cycle the action, went with regular gas block instead.

Lower: DPMS stripped lower receiver
Random parts kit, maybe Rock River, not sure
Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger (2 lb first stage, 8 oz second stage)
White Oak Armament buttstock assembly
Phase V EBRv2 extended bolt release
KNS precision non-rotating pin set
Reply
#4
Nice stick and group.
Reply
#5
Very nice!
Drifter
Reply
#6
Welcome, and nice rifle/groups. 20 rounds into 1.4" with iron sights is pretty impressive if you ask me.
Reply
#7
Ditto. Good shooting, and impressive rifle too. Smile
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Reply
#8
Welcome and nice shooting.
I'm working on a set up very similar to yours. How do you like the Crosshill side charging upper?
Sugabat Sed Pefecidamus 5B89
The only time you've used too much HE is when you're in the frag zone.
Reply
#9
I have an LAR OPS4 side charger on my 223 setup. The cross hill is as good if not better than the OPS4.
Reply
#10
Impressive indeed!
Reply
#11
Wow, very impressive without optic. Welcome.
Reply
#12
Awesome!
Reply
#13
Well heck ya!! Very nice. BANG BANG!!
Reply
#14
Nice rig. Nice hole.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Reply
#15
Excellent Shooting! With a little load development, it would be interesting to see your best 5 shot group!

Mark Hostetter
Precision Firearms
"Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
Reply
#16
I am going to go with 123gr scnenars over 27.8 gr of 8208 XBR with CCI BR4 primers. The top row in this picture was shot with CCI 450 primers, the bottom row was shot with BR4 primers, all with 27.8 gr of 8208. Velocity is 2472 fps with an ES of 6. The bullets are loaded to an OAL of 2.285. The bottom left group should have been better, I called the one that sticks out to the left. I am getting sub MOA with almost every load I try, and I get smaller groups with hotter loads. I would go with 28 gr except that anything over 27.8 seems to be a little hot and I don't want to break my bolt lugs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5538[/ATTACH]

I've had no luck trying to seat close to the lands. I tried seating from .005 out to .040 off the lands and none of those groups were better than what I get seated at mag length. I am motivated to use 8208 because I have 8 pounds of the stuff. Maybe when that runs out I will play some more. For now it's time to shoot, reload, and repeat.

Thanks to all who post on this forum, I would never have built this rifle without your input.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5547[/ATTACH]
Reply
#17
Finally had a chance to take this out to 300 yards, 20 shots from prone with iron sights. The difference today was that I can no longer blame the rifle when the shots don't land in the middle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH]
Reply
#18
WoW! 300 yards, iron sights?! That target would have to be as big as a billboard for me to see it at that distance with iron sights..
Nice job!
Reply
#19
You need some glass! Nice work with the Fe.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)