maybe this is old news, but I had never seen a PDQ ambi bolt release lever before my buddy asked me to install one on his lower. Looks pretty cool- nothing hanging out in the trigger guard like the " BAD" lever, but I just can't bring myself to dremel out the notch in his lower.. what say ye of the horde?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4327[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4328[/ATTACH]
here's a couple of pics of the lever
-thanks,
mike
That looks like an easy mod on the polymer lower, but it's really easy to screw up on aluminum IMO.
Posts: 2,982
Threads: 194
Joined: Jun 2012
Interesting. I agree with Jurassic, I'd practice on a cheap forged lower for the first time. If possible for function I'd suggest drilling a hole and squareing it with a drill press and small bit as necessary.
Do you have a picture of the mod with the upper removed from the lower?
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
explorecaves
Unregistered
Posts: 184
Threads: 8
Joined: Dec 2011
The only advantage that I can see on any ambi bolt release is the ease of locking back. For a reload the paddle on the left side is in a perfect location to hit as you are inserting the mag and moving your hand back to the forearm. I can't see spending any money to fix an issue that really isn't present. This goes for the BAD lever too.
Thanks for the input, guys! I am left-handed so I can hit the standard bolt release no problem. He is right handed, and just wanted a little more convenience.
I guess I will just do it- if I botch up his lower, or it somehow cracks down the road, it will give him an excuse to buy a 7075 billet one- then he can tell his wife it was my fault he had to buy a new one, ha ha.
it's weird how "lefties" adapt to things- like on a bolt gun, it just seems easier to stay on the stock left handed and work the bolt with my right hand- almost like it was intended that way.
thanks again guys,
-mike