explorecaves
Unregistered
Trying to decide which one to get for my builds. Anyone used both and have insight they care to share? Got a Lilja 304 contour and 740 contour on the way and plan to use a 15" carbon fiber handguard covering it.
DA7-C -
http://www.slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...duct_id=74
Sryac -
http://www.syracordnance.com/products/75...-gas-block
Handguard I will be using -
http://nordiccomp.com/retail/shop/ap-cus...andguards/
Posts: 2,982
Threads: 194
Joined: Jun 2012
This was talked in a thread I started about adjustable gas blocks around the beginning of the group buy. Try doing a search.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
explorecaves
Unregistered
Somehow I completely glossed over that thread in my search. Thanks for the reminder.
Posts: 497
Threads: 41
Joined: Aug 2013
One note on the DA8-C...
I bought the DA8 for a .878" dia Saturn Grendel barrel, and it does not allow the gas tube to fit under my handguard.
Guess that is why Todd said it only fits large AR platforms. Later I figured out it also needs a straight gas tube.
These SLR gas blocks are fairly tall, to accommodate the detent plunger design.
Just FYI...
explorecaves
Unregistered
SG4247 Wrote:One note on the DA8-C...
I bought the DA8 for a .878" dia Saturn Grendel barrel, and it does not allow the gas tube to fit under my handguard.
Guess that is why Todd said it only fits large AR platforms. Later I figured out it also needs a straight gas tube.
These SLR gas blocks are fairly tall, to accommodate the detent plunger design.
Just FYI...
Don't think I will have that issue with the DA7-C as it is smaller overall...
explorecaves
Unregistered
While browsing the interwebs, I came across
this gem from SLR….
Quote:The DA7-L (Lite). Narrow .750 Set screw version small enought to clear the DD Lite HG's rear mount.
The DA8-C V2 which is also narrower and has a lower overall height to fit all .308 channeled HG's.
All of the DA8/9's will eventually be V2. If you run the gas block in front of the HG then it's not an issue. Although exposed gas blocks are much more common in the large bore AR's we will keep trying to evolve DA series to fill the needs you ask for.
The DA-7 R will be too less so there is a delay until that mechanism I gets through production.
The new Satellite tool less gas blocks are coming next. I hope to let the cat out of the bag this week
Guess I will be waiting to see what these new offerings are.
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 55
Joined: Mar 2011
Syrac blocks have served me well.
Info regarding Gen 2 version on this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDCZttBkU...e=youtu.be
Drifter
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Drifter Wrote:Syrac blocks have served me well.
Info regarding Gen 2 version on this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDCZttBkU...e=youtu.be
Looks like the price will determine which gas block to purchase because I have had flawless performance with both.------------------ "I wont comment on the video"!
Posts: 497
Threads: 41
Joined: Aug 2013
I must say the video is disappointing....I was expecting to see MUCH more recoil!!
explorecaves
Unregistered
I didn't see any gun to cause recoil, let alone any gun parts….
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
That video had something to do with guns?
Posts: 2,982
Threads: 194
Joined: Jun 2012
NugginFutz Wrote:That video had something to do with guns?
I think I saw a gun in the middle of the video.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin