Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel in the Mail (Now what?)
#1
Saw there was a large chunk of money deducted from my checking account and saw it was from Brux Barrels.

I ordered this in March/April and am just now getting it. Although they probably waited on me to send them a bolt for a month or two.

So I have an upper/lower Cerakoted and ready to go, but that's about it. I have a lot left to get with no money to spend.
Reply
#2
How long of a barrel is it and what profile?
Reply
#3
I'll just get to the point, If you want to sell it let us know, I see Tackdriver is probing nicely.....if you need cash for Christmas, sometimes you need to do what you need to do.
Reply
#4
Nope, not selling it. I'll just have to go slower on building it up. We adopted a baby a few months ago, which is extremely pricey. I'll get it built eventually.
So back off you bunch of vultures, hahaha!

I have a semi custom Springfield 1911 I might sell eventually to fund a scope for my 6.5 G.

Tackdriver, it is a 22" with a .875" profile and "interrupted fluting.
Reply
#5
I was just gonna offer a complete upper in trade for what you have. You can go shooting next weekend while the baby is knapping. Smile
Reply
#6
Keep The Change Wrote:Nope, not selling it. I'll just have to go slower on building it up. We adopted a baby a few months ago, which is extremely pricey. I'll get it built eventually.
So back off you bunch of vultures, hahaha!

I have a semi custom Springfield 1911 I might sell eventually to fund a scope for my 6.5 G.

Tackdriver, it is a 22" with a .875" profile and "interrupted fluting.

Congrats!

I wish you luck on the build also.
Reply
#7
Keep The Change Wrote:Nope, not selling it. I'll just have to go slower on building it up. We adopted a baby a few months ago, which is extremely pricey. I'll get it built eventually.
So back off you bunch of vultures, hahaha!

I have a semi custom Springfield 1911 I might sell eventually to fund a scope for my 6.5 G.

Tackdriver, it is a 22" with a .875" profile and "interrupted fluting.


Here is one of the best gas blocks I have used. Also available in .875. I have JP, Seekins and the SLR. No lock tite needed and it has locking notches with a detent at 1/4 turn intervals. Allen wrench out the nose so you can access it from the front under the hand guard. Great product for $100. Congrats on the new one!!!

http://www.slrrifleworks.com/DA8-C
Reply
#8
Congrats with the new member of the family Smile Tedward is not alone with his approval of the Rifle works gas block, they are my favorite.
Reply
#9
Congrats on the new one as well. What type of upper do you have? Hopefully it is billet or a precision forged upper with a trued receiver face, with a tight fit for the extension to support such a fine barrel.
Reply
#10
Nice one tackdriver. LOL! Thanks for the offer. I don't get to the range that often anyway. I enjoy the building aspect of guns. I like the shopping for parts and the pursuit of a goal and then the actual building of it. Looking forward to this. Not to mention the learning aspect of target shooting. There is a lot I have to learn, not very experienced in the longer ranges.
Reply
#11
Thanks Tedward. That sounds like the type of block I'm looking for. I quickly found out that the .875 doesn't have a whole of options. At least not like the .750" plethora of blocks for those. I was tempted to call them and have them turn it down to .750.
Reply
#12
LRRPF52 Wrote:Congrats on the new one as well. What type of upper do you have? Hopefully it is billet or a precision forged upper with a trued receiver face, with a tight fit for the extension to support such a fine barrel.

LRRPF52, it is a Vltor forged upper that has been Cerakoted in Patriot Brown. I'm looking forward to checking the fit of the extension to the upper. I've been debating if I need to lap the upper to true the face. I've read countless arguments debating if this is effective in accuracy.
Reply
#13
Thanks guys for the congrats on the baby. Also be thankful that you can have your own biological kids and not having to pay $40K for baby. Seriously be thankful for those little kiddos. I have no regrets of spending that amount of money 2 times for 2 little girls. They are amazing and I'm grateful for them. God has truly blessed my wife and I.
Reply
#14
With the VLTOR upper, you will more than likely be dead true, and have an excellent upper receiver for your build. Assemble with confidence.
Reply
#15
I stopped my nephew from playing the flute once so technically he had interrupted fluting. http://www.grammyuamplifier.com/garethlaffely
Should be an excellent barrel. Good luck with your new arrivals.
Reply
#16
Congrats on the children. Glad that God has blessed you so that you can bless them.

Look on the lack of funds for the build as an opportunity to "research" the rest of the build and what you need for your final objective.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)