11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
|
Deer No. 1
|
|
11-23-2013, 08:45 PM
I checked with Bill W. , about posting this-he said okay. Shorty is broken in. I just posted a new album also.
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Congrats details? Bullet, range, load?
11-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Good job Sneaky Shorty
11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Well done S1! Keep em coming
11-24-2013, 03:34 AM
Good deal! Yes, more details. Is shorty a 16"?
Also, looks like you got blood on your rifle, might want to clean that up!
11-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Good deal!! It's good to see snow on the ground. Makes me wanna get the Yamahas ready for a snowmobile trip.
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Congrats Sneaky!
Best, PA
11-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Congrats S1 - tell us more!
Very nice sneaky one I'm jealous. Since I have to wait till next year for Grendel vs deer. Not from lack of trying though
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.
Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012. Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
11-24-2013, 04:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 04:57 PM by sneaky one.)
Thanks guys! I put more details in my recent album. Yes it's a 16" bbl. The red on forearm is a nitro fish decal. about a 50 yd. shot-110 Barnes TTSX x 2.
First shot was to be a perfect broadside hit, he stepped to his rt.- at the shot. The bullet hit him in the Rt. front leg bone-bicep area-shattered it like a .308 hit it. We found it just inside the hide on lt. rear rib area=2 petals were gone. He hobbled toward my stand-6 trees behind me prevented a finishing shot, Next time I saw him he was directly under my stand! Crap! no shot..he seemed like his internal injuries were not that bad...hmmmm. Finally he hopped forward-23' from the guns muzzle-I put the crosshair on the back of his neck-squeezed the trigger, only to hear a click. That's when I remembered that when I changed lowers-the buffer was an H2-so the spent shell was still in the chamber. I leaned on the shooting rail- charged the rifle-at that sound he took off like a bat out of hades! I shouldered the gun-and shot thru his lt. rib area-he went a short distance, and piled up. After we dismantled him-turns out the second shot was 2" away from the first bullets resting spot. This one went into the almost same spot on front leg-shoulder-we found it there. All in all , we only lost about 3 lbs. of leg meat.. Both lungs were liquefied-to the point of virtually no tissue left. The heart was missing the top 1/3rd-where all the main veins are. Looked like tomato soup inside! Very impressive performance, from a lighter pill, only traveling about 2400 fps.. I will probably never use many lead based pills again for hunting. This pill is designed for use with the .300BLK's slightly lower lower speeds. In the S 40, the energy is same as the Grrr, and my Ruger .44 mg. 18" carbine=about 1800 ft. lbs. Oh, almost forgot. The powder charge is 21.3 grns. of H110-over a CCI 450 primer-Lake City brass. The mag is a 30 rnd. Pmag-cut down to hold 20 rounds.
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Congrats Sneaky!
11-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Great pictures and and story, looks like you have a game getter of a rifle. Thanks for sharing.
11-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Great harvest, and I am really liking that handguard.
11-27-2013, 01:22 AM
Thanks SC hunter-Montana- MrFrankZ, yeah my vision on that handguard gets a lot of stares- Q & A, also. I might take a try at a 6 pos. stock. next..
My pal Blade did the majority of the fitting-he builds rifles-stocks , etc. I get to come up with the ideas.
11-27-2013, 05:02 AM
nicely done S1!! The shorty has earned its spot in the arsenal I see. I do like the idea on that handguard, I think wood on an AR would sell alot of naysayers on the platform for hunting purposes. Nice work, talk soon.
Richard
11-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks RS, let me know of any successes. I'll be with fone, as always. Shorty is cool, handy-I agree on the naysayers. Happy holiday!
S1 |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

