Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Son's first Buck
#1
He used my Grendel this morning, 90 yards DRT, the first animal the Grendel has took and I was impressed with 123gr SSTs.




[Image: Coltonskill2_zpsf3599970.jpg]
Reply
#2
Beautiful deer - congrats to the young man. Great shot.
Reply
#3
That's great, congrats.
Reply
#4
Congrats all around! How old is he?
Reply
#5
Nice buck! Good ol grendel! You better watch, it will be his grendel soon!
Reply
#6
Congrats to you both!! But the story gets better, as you'll soon be building another Grendel! Great thing for young guys to be experiencing these hunts. I'm being inspired to build my son a Grendel for his future hunts. Nows the time I think.
Reply
#7
Congrates to both of you. Nice buck, memories for a life time.
Reply
#8
Way to go! Congratulations!
Reply
#9
Young man - you have my respect! Nice job.
Reply
#10
that is one helluva picture to go into the family scrapbook, and an everlasting memory, too. great stuff.
Reply
#11
Great looking Deer. Congrats to your son and you.
Reply
#12
Congrats. Great memories for you both.
Reply
#13
LRRPF52 Wrote:Congrats all around! How old is he?

He's 11 years old, this is his sixth deer but first buck. He shot his first deer with a bow earlier this year and got his first turkey this past April. I created a monster! I'm a traditional bowhunter and I could not get close enough to his guy so I told my son he could have a "shot" at him. Plus after it taking 18 months to get everything to get the Grendel up and running I wanted to see want it would do. We were not disappointed!
Cool side note, I put my deer gut piles where I can watch them for coyote shooting, (I own the land) and this morning there was a young bald eagle eating on the carcass, first one we have seen here.
Reply
#14
Wow. You must be near the Blue Ridge Mountains. Any pics of the eagle?
Reply
#15
LRRPF52 Wrote:Wow. You must be near the Blue Ridge Mountains. Any pics of the eagle?
No we are in the middle of North Carolina, lots of eagles near Lake Jordan which is about 15 miles away, so looks like they are branching out some. No pics, maybe he will come back.
Reply
#16
Awesome first buck!
Reply
#17
Nicely done guys!
We had to wait till we were 12 to hunt big game- in MN.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)