Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Design of bolts for ARs
#61
LRRPF52 Wrote:Have you ever seen this Dutch variant in 7.62x39? . . . I think the AR10 bolt & extension with AR15 carrier outer dimensions would be the ticket, combined with a new recoil system with more spring power.

I'm aware that a few Sudanese AR-10's chambered for the 7.62x39mm cartridge were made for evaluation, in the late 1950's. However, I've never come across any --- even during my visit to Peter Wilke, in Ontario http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/62931...READ_.html (Scroll about half way down the Page to the Reply to OlGunner).

Re an "AR10 bolt & extension with AR15 carrier outer dimensions would be the ticket, combined with a new recoil system with more spring power.": +1!!!
Reply
#62
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:LRRPF52,

Re your earlier statement, "My buddy who has a 22" CZ527 Grendel is getting 2650-2700 fps with 139gr Scenars on top of N140, so you will be looking at muzzle velocities that are no longer limited by the 50K psi AR15 bolt." http://www.65grendel.com/forum/archive/i...-3638.html

What was the COL, with those respectable 139-grain Lapua Scenar loads (with which you stated on another forum, ". . . getting 1/4" groups at 100 yds.")?

I think your bold text is stuck on..Got any pictures??
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)