Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liitle Guy
#1
My approach in archery season is "if its brown, its down". Unfortunately, I only shot a hog with the bow (I did pick a 75 lb brown one). I saw a very, very nice buck at 100 yds, not good for a bow hunter.

I carried over my approach to rifle season. Opening day I saw this spike. I have pictures of him and another spike sparing. I took him at @ 100 yds downhill. He dropped right there.

18" barrel
Suppressed
100 gr Barnes TTSX (ja_allens load)
30 gr 8028 XBR
Bullet passed through & through at an angle, didn't recover it

This is in S Texas, we get 3 does & 2 bucks. We participate in the Tx Game Management program. They want us to take a cull buck & 3 does this year. I've been good and have a cull down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4146[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
Good shooting! Congrats!
- PA
Reply
#3
the brown is down! Way to go!
John 11:25-26
Reply
#4
Nice harvest. What can are you using?
Reply
#5
Nice job Flyby, we use the -brown =down, yet try for at least a yearling=1.5 yrs. old, like yours. We all have to do our part in herd control.
Reply
#6
LRRPF52 Wrote:Nice harvest. What can are you using?

It's a Gemtech 7.62 HVT QD. I have mounts for most of my rifles.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)