Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel vs Texas Buck!
#1
This is an impressive little cartridge. Shot this 8pt buck opening weekend. He was quartering towards me at 180 yards. The bullet passed through both lungs, he ran about 10 yards and folded. The exit wound was just behind his ribcage and when we gutted him dad found a small piece of jacket near his rectum!

Ammo was factory loaded Hornady 123gr SST

[Image: image_zps3f904b08.jpg]

[Image: DSC00173_zps4f70fb4d.jpg]
John 11:25-26
Reply
#2
Beautiful harvest. Where was the entrance?
Reply
#3
Beautiful deer congrats.
My late season starts in a week or so. Hope I'm posting similar pictures.
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#4
nice buck.
Reply
#5
I think the Police is hunting on a Game Reservation with all the Trophy Hogzillas and this Buck.

Very nice, makes me want to move to Texas except those Dallas Cowboys. What part of Texas is this???
Reply
#6
haha thanks Tedward. This is a low fence, lease ranch in Mitchell County, TX
John 11:25-26
Reply
#7
Great shot! Beautiful animal. Congrats!

John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#8
81police Wrote:haha thanks Tedward. This is a low fence, lease ranch in Mitchell County, TX

Ya, just kiddin about the Reserve part. Well Dallas Cowboys too, my wife is a Cowboys fan.

I have all kinds of deer over here in VA but not such nice coats. We don't have much fence and they roam freely between the properties. How much did yours weigh?

I got a nice 8 point buck last year, but not quite that nice. Good for VA though...the reast are all for the chops, can't eat the horns...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4128[/ATTACH]

Good job and keep shooting....
Reply
#9
81police,
Beautiful buck! Congratulations!
Best,
PA
Reply
#10
Congratulations! How many bucks do you have to pass up to find one that big?
Reply
#11
Congrats very nice buck.
Reply
#12
Quote:I got a nice 8 point buck last year,

Nice buck Tedward! Hope you get another one this year!

hm2 clark Wrote:Congratulations! How many bucks do you have to pass up to find one that big?

I probably saw 10 different bucks over the 2.5 days of opening weekend, mostly young bucks though. I saw another mature buck that I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted, then this buck came out last morning of the hunt. So I guess to answer your question, I didn't pass up many, but was very fortunate this 8pt came my way. My first deer with the Grendel!
John 11:25-26
Reply
#13
Nice buck! I hope to post a similar picture this weekend.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)