10-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Got these two hogs Sunday evening. The sow came in with a group of 5-6. I attempted a pass through shot to take out two of them. Apparently this didn't work using a 123gr. SST even though there was a nasty exit wound on the front hog. The 150lb sow in front went down immediately, the group bolted for cover before I could swing on another one.
My impatience caused me to climb out of the stand and inspect the sow and hopefully any evidence of blood from the larger hog behind her. No dice. It was then I decided to climb into an open top tripod about 20 yards from the feeder. Unorthodox I know. The wind was in my face and after 10-15min I see, what I immediately thought was a calf coming straight for me. As I began drawing the rifle this boar, 20 yards away, caught my scent where I had just walked to inspect the sow, threw his head up, grunted, and bolted about 15 yards. I've nearly got my rifle shouldered when he runs another 5 yards then turns broadside looking back at me. BOOM! He came in at 270lbs.
This little Grendel cartridge is a mean machine
![[Image: DSC00077copy_zps9d750a23.jpg]](http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x82/cat9x/DSC00077copy_zps9d750a23.jpg)
![[Image: DSC00090_zps1961be4f.jpg]](http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x82/cat9x/DSC00090_zps1961be4f.jpg)
My impatience caused me to climb out of the stand and inspect the sow and hopefully any evidence of blood from the larger hog behind her. No dice. It was then I decided to climb into an open top tripod about 20 yards from the feeder. Unorthodox I know. The wind was in my face and after 10-15min I see, what I immediately thought was a calf coming straight for me. As I began drawing the rifle this boar, 20 yards away, caught my scent where I had just walked to inspect the sow, threw his head up, grunted, and bolted about 15 yards. I've nearly got my rifle shouldered when he runs another 5 yards then turns broadside looking back at me. BOOM! He came in at 270lbs.
This little Grendel cartridge is a mean machine

![[Image: DSC00077copy_zps9d750a23.jpg]](http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x82/cat9x/DSC00077copy_zps9d750a23.jpg)
![[Image: DSC00090_zps1961be4f.jpg]](http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x82/cat9x/DSC00090_zps1961be4f.jpg)
John 11:25-26

