Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with Lilja build
#1
I currently have a Lilja 318 (updated - 318 is the wasp 18.88") contour on order from the group buy. Going with a Seekins billet upper/lower set, but was wondering your thoughts on the following hand guards:

1) Geissele 13" SMR MK4

[attachment=2536]

OR:

2) Seekins 15" MCSR (to make it an all Seekins build)

[attachment=2537]

What are your thoughts?
Reply
#2
I'm doing the same thing, but going with a Spike's Tactical 13.2" SAR3 Rail.

These things are ridiculously light weight. the 12" is 292.3 grams as opposed to a 12" bar 2 at 403.6 grams.

Take a look here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_282/23426...tml&page=2

I don't mean to ignore the choices you've presented, but I've got no experience with either. I'd rather not speak ignorantly on them. I will say you can be sure they'll be quality built components.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#3
I have a 10 inch MCSR on a 18 inch barrel with MLGS. I like the look of more barrel than you. I like the Seekins stuff alot. The fit and finish is very good. I had a problem with the barrel nut and Glenn had a replace out in UPS the next day. No questions ask, great service. And the new part worked.
Reply
#4
Nice looking rifle Walter. I'm a long rail guy.

Cory, going with parts I already have but thanks for your input. Both hand guards listed are very light as well.
Reply
#5
I like the Seekins Lowers too and good features on them, and the Ambi Bolt release is nice. I'll be using the 15" HG for my AR24 build since it's a 24" Barrel. I don't recall the length of the 319 contour so it really depends on how much support you want out in front. What length is the 319?
Reply
#6
I like the MCSR the best (based on looks).
I am also getting a fluted 319. They are 18.88" and .825 under the HG.
FWIW: I am going to get a carbon fiber HG from Rock Hollow Tactical.
Reply
#7
i do like the Seekins Lowers as well the ambi release eliminates the need for a bad lever which isnt an option on heavy billet uppers anyways as far as metal float tubes i like the Seekins Precision SP3R V2 Mod Rail System
[Image: ce1a9c9862450682ad9bb99834d6f055.jpg]
https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/d...ct_id=3223
the flat bottoms are nicer on a bench from bags and such and you can add bottom and side rails if you wish that being said i prefer the pri float tubes
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#8
If it were me I'd go with the Seekins forend. I prefer a longer forend that covers the gas block and I also like to mount my bipod as far forward as possible. Not to mention you'll have an all Seekins rifle.
Reply
#9
The Seekins looks to be lighter. That is my concern for my 24" barrel coming.
I have a forged Seekins lower and its beautiful for a forged lower. Wish I had you billet lower. Awesome stuff.
I like Seekins and they are on my list for HGs. The Geisselle is awesome too.
Reply
#10
Thanks foR the input....going with the Seekins forend. As a correction, I have the 318, not 319, on order.....it's the light weight 18.88" wasp.
Reply
#11
lilharcher,

What are you mainly going to use this for? Do you want to be able to carry it regularly in hunting scenarios? If so, go with the lightest handguard. If that's a wash, pick which one feels the best when you shoulder the system once you get your barrel.
Reply
#12
I have a Seekins upper with a 15" SP3R V2 rail. It is nice, I really like it and will switch the Mega that it on right now (I have other plans for that). LRRPF52 is correct though... I have not weighed my rifle, but it is heavy (well to me anyway).
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)