Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Grendel - not perfect but it was fun building
#1
When I started in Oct, I planned (budgeted) for an AA Upper w/ side charging handle; then the market dried up. So below is what I was able to piece together, for much more than I originally priced out. I took it out to the 100yrd range last week to start the break in; the accuracy blew me away.

Barrel - BlackHole 20"
Lower - For the short term I ended up with a new complete Sig M400 lower, which I swapped out the stock for a Magpul PRS
Bolt/Carrier - AA/LMT
Gas Block & Charging Handle - LaRue
Rail - JP Enterprise Modular 12.5
Muzzle - Noverske KX3 Flash Suppressor
Bipod -Swivels Swivel Bipod w/ LaRue mount
Scope - Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 w/ LaRue mount

[attachment=2061]
[attachment=2062]
Reply
#2
I started out to build a "budgeted" Grendel too. Somewhere a long the way it took on a life of it's own, now I just have to keep feeding it. Nice rifle.
Reply
#3
nice stick! lets see some target pics.
Reply
#4
ricsmall Wrote:nice stick! lets see some target pics.

I just happened to have brought it with me to the 50yd steel pistol range today. I only brought it to run/plink another 10 rounds through it for its barrel break-in period. The reason I’m somewhat impressed with this 10 round 50yd grouping is that I had to shoot this standing up at a pistol range.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3073[/ATTACH]
Reply
#5
nothing at all wrong with that fillar. good job.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)