Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you break in a new Barrel?
#1
I can’t make heads or tails over the division in steps to break in a new barrel. They range from, lube, shoot once, clean, lube, and shot one round again; repeat 100 times. To lube, shoot 40 rounds, clean, lube, and you’re good to go.

I have a new 20” heavy BlackHole .264 and haven’t been able to locate its recommended break-in steps. What break-in methods have worked for you guys/gals?
Reply
#2
I just got my 21in barrel over the first couple of hundred rounds and I didn't bother with any of the "break in" procedures that are often seen in print.
I fired five rounds to check function while doing initial scope sight in. Gave it a clean with Bore Tech and went back to shooting the rest of the 4o rounds I had with me. Cleaned it again and considered it good to go. Have got groups in the 1/3-1/2 moa and very little copper fouling although using CFE so that may have helped a bit.
http://www.vongruffknives.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Von Gruff



Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
Acts 4:10-12
Reply
#3
Mr. Satern just said to shoot Smile
Reply
#4
Fillar Wrote:I can’t make heads or tails over the division in steps to break in a new barrel. They range from, lube, shoot once, clean, lube, and shot one round again; repeat 100 times. To lube, shoot 40 rounds, clean, lube, and you’re good to go.

I have a new 20” heavy BlackHole .264 and haven’t been able to locate its recommended break-in steps. What break-in methods have worked for you guys/gals?



Tubbs final finish
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)