Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lower build for bench work
#1
I'm building a lower specifically for bench shooting. So far on my list:

YHM lower(already have)
Magpul PRS butt stock(to be purchased)
Giessele SSA-E trigger(to be purchased)
B.A.D. Ambi-Safety(already have)

I would appreciate any suggestion for lower components that would improve my bench shooting.
Reply
#2
Possibly a short throw safety (B.A.D. A.S.S 45 degree or Magpul Noveske STS 60 degree) and a Magpul B.A.D lever
Get a good LPK (Spikes or Daniel Defense)
You already selected one of the best triggers on the market, same with the stock, and a YHM lower should be as good as
any other decent lower.
Good luck, and look into the trigger/pistol grip set screw modification for even less takeup on a great trigger
Reply
#3
Hi Whelenon - not sure what rear rest you are using, I usually use a sandbag, but I've found the monopod leg for the PRS handy at times: http://store.magpul.com/product/ACC001/35

Also, what grip are you using? I'd like to try something other than the ERGO.
Reply
#4
rickOshay Wrote:Hi Whelenon - not sure what rear rest you are using, I usually use a sandbag, but I've found the monopod leg for the PRS handy at times: http://store.magpul.com/product/ACC001/35

Also, what grip are you using? I'd like to try something other than the ERGO.

One of the main reasons for the Magpul PRS is the flat on the bottom, perfect for resting on a sandbag and the the mono pod option is a plus. Been resting the Magpul MOE on a sandbag, what a PIA.
I have an Ergo grip on my current lower and really like it, but I want see what else is out there before I buy another one.
Reply
#5
rick458 Wrote:Possibly a short throw safety (B.A.D. A.S.S 45 degree or Magpul Noveske STS 60 degree) and a Magpul B.A.D lever
Get a good LPK (Spikes or Daniel Defense)
You already selected one of the best triggers on the market, same with the stock, and a YHM lower should be as good as
any other decent lower.
Good luck, and look into the trigger/pistol grip set screw modification for even less takeup on a great trigger

I'm glad your recommending the BAD safety, I'm a lefty and forget I already ordered a Bad Ambi-Safety.
As far has lower parts kits, aren't they all pretty much the same? Of course right now finding any LPK would be nice.

Not familiar with the Trigger take up screw but will look into it.

Thanks,
Reply
#6
Looks like Palmetto State Armory has a couple of different options still in stock with that trigger.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...lpk-e.html

and

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...-emoe.html

I just got a couple of them myself. : )
Reply
#7
KentuckyBuddha Wrote:Looks like Palmetto State Armory has a couple of different options still in stock with that trigger.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...lpk-e.html

and

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...-emoe.html

I just got a couple of them myself. : )

Thanks for the links, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was going to order a standard LPK but I don't need the trigger, grip and safety they come with. Yah, I know I could order parts individually.
Reply
#8
You are welcome sir!

Oh, and I also got those KNS trigger-hammer pin do-bobs that seem to reduce the wear and tear on parts. I put them in two lowers already... and while I have heard good things, can't vouch myself for whether or not they are positive equity in reduced part costs.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...-pins.html
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)