Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Eating and preparing wild hog?????HELP!
#41
I take a shoulder thats deboned and soak it in a can of beer and a yellow onion with a few teaspoons of vinegar and a couple spoons of baking soda for a day then take the shoulder out of the mixture and wash out the dish very well. Then I add another can of beer and onions and hot peppers from my garden into a crock pot and run it on high for an hour then lower it to low setting for 6-7 hours drain and clean the crock, shred the pork into little pieces and put it back into the clean crock, add BBQ sauce on high for an hour and put on potato rolls for football games and put several beers in guests. then wash out empty crock so wife doesn't freak out. Very easy to under salt the pork, so dont be afraid of it. Most people dont salt it enough and it seems to be missing something. Pepper is to taste but salt is necessary for pork, because its not very salty naturally. I learned this recipe from a Chef at a World Famous Hotel who was my chef at Culinary School. I traded the recipe and his services for my wifes birthday for 100lbs of Venison and 100Lbs of Bison. (Both were shot by my cousin who is a state trapper up north) The chef used the meat to impress his client who he cooked for when he had parties. I used to trade Wild hog for Shrimp until the market went crazy here and everyone started shooting hogs daily.

1 Large De-boned Pork Shoulder
Beers (Can)
Peppers
BBQ Sauce (I use Cattleman)
Pepper
Salt
Onions
Vinegar
Baking Soda
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)