10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Howdy everyone-
I figured I'd share my build plan/progress w/ everybody.
Parts-
*dpms lower- I got this lower w/ a complete rifle. Have j.p. trigger unit, h-2 buffer, mil-spec buffer tube, mil-spec stock, winter trigger guard, over-sized mag release, already assembled.
*24" AA light barrel, threaded, thread protector, matched bolt, (waiting for delivery:confused
*flash hider-dunno if I'll put one on or not.
*j.p. adjustable gas block
*m-16 bcg- when I can find one:mad:
*hand guards- Nordic ff tube, possibly another if it tickles my fancy.
*dpms slick side upper receiver
*optics- vortex or counter sniper, w/ decent mounts
I have some of the items and have to purchase others. Talked to AA and they said they were doing a run on my specific barrel and it should be done soon. This was over a month ago. Dunno if it's really getting done or if that was to keep my order from being cancelled. I'll wait awhile longer, but if I get no word I'll cancel and just cough up the extra cash and go thru satern. They told me end of january-early february if I go thru them. Any ideas for this build are welcome. I will keep the progress of the build updated as I go.
-Zach
I figured I'd share my build plan/progress w/ everybody.
Parts-
*dpms lower- I got this lower w/ a complete rifle. Have j.p. trigger unit, h-2 buffer, mil-spec buffer tube, mil-spec stock, winter trigger guard, over-sized mag release, already assembled.
*24" AA light barrel, threaded, thread protector, matched bolt, (waiting for delivery:confused

*flash hider-dunno if I'll put one on or not.
*j.p. adjustable gas block
*m-16 bcg- when I can find one:mad:
*hand guards- Nordic ff tube, possibly another if it tickles my fancy.
*dpms slick side upper receiver
*optics- vortex or counter sniper, w/ decent mounts
I have some of the items and have to purchase others. Talked to AA and they said they were doing a run on my specific barrel and it should be done soon. This was over a month ago. Dunno if it's really getting done or if that was to keep my order from being cancelled. I'll wait awhile longer, but if I get no word I'll cancel and just cough up the extra cash and go thru satern. They told me end of january-early february if I go thru them. Any ideas for this build are welcome. I will keep the progress of the build updated as I go.
-Zach


Not to mention I would like time to get it running 100% reliable before hunting season. But I suppose it will be what it be.