Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mid length gas on 6.5G 11.5" barrel?
#1
I was wanting to cut down a 16" stainless Grendel barrel i have laying around to build an SBR and was wondering if anybody here knows if it will have enough dwell time to run a mid length gas system on a 11.5" barrel. I've heard of guys getting away with it on 5.56 with minor gas hole tuning.

My thoughts are that its more likely to cycle the grendel since it has more powder capacity and velocity is slower. another thing to consider is the fact that the bore diameter is larger so volume up until the port would also increase, I'm not sure if this is good or bad because of the volume and pressure relationship.

It would be great to get it working with supersonic/subsonic loads with and without a suppressor, im sure this is un-chartered territory though.

I understand it would be easier to just buy a 10.5 barrel, which is what i plan on doing if this has no chance of functioning properly!

what are your guys' thoughts? Thanks
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)