Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Berger 130gr ARHT Reloading Data
#1
I'm starting this thread to document my load work up for the Berger 1330gr ARHT. I'm planning an elk hunt out west in '24, so I'm in search of the best possible 6.5 Grendel hunting bullet on the market for my 16" Precision Firearms Bartlein barrel primarily. All intelligent discussion is welcomed as well as any load, range, or on target data anyone has for Berger bullets.

16" Precision Firearms Bartlein Barrel Data
[Image: 52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg]

Velocity collected with a magnetospeed at yesterday's range trip.
16" Barrel
[Image: 52849582663_5b9d61b674_c.jpg]

Loading Data
[Image: 52849440645_b3fbc6aebd_b.jpg]
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#2
Target at 200 yards
[Image: 52849244944_906806b7f8_c.jpg]

No Brass pictures. The container tipped over on the trip home mixing up the brass.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#3
My picks would be more towards a Nosler ANLR, 125gr partition or one of the lead free bullets.

Many will work great for just broadside lung shots but catch a bit of leg bone or shoulder and I want a tougher bullet than what I have seen from my little experience with Berger.

Just my 2cents
Reply
#4
kmon Wrote:My picks would be more towards a Nosler ANLR, 125gr partition or one of the lead free bullets.

Many will work great for just broadside lung shots but catch a bit of leg bone or shoulder and I want a tougher bullet than what I have seen from my little experience with Berger.

Just my 2cents

I'm leaning heavily towards a solid, as you can see from my other posts I made today. However, I'm not ready to rule out cup and core just yet. At least at this point I'm looking at this one and the Nosler 129gr ABLR. I already have a solid load worked up for the ABLR.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)