I spent a lot of time meticulously loading these, all to see a comedy of errors follow. I got the bright idea to load these into a marked magazine the night before my range trip. The night before turned into 2 months later and I'm not sure I actually loaded them into the sequence I thought I did. I won't make this mistake again.
I'm starting this thread to document my load work up for the Barnes 115gr TTSX and the 127gr LRX. I'm planning an elk hunt out west in '24, so I'm in search of the best possible 6.5 Grendel hunting bullet on the market for my 16" Precision Firearms Bartlein barrel primarily and my 11.5" Lilja barrel as secondary. All intelligent discussion is welcomed as well as any load, range, or on target data anyone has for Barnes bullets.
16" Precision Firearms Bartlein Barrel Data
![[Image: 52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg)
11.5" Lilja Barrel Data
![[Image: 52848462447_e1654e6df8_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462447_e1654e6df8_c.jpg)
Velocity collected with a magnetospeed at yesterday's range trip.
16" Barrel
![[Image: 52849582663_5b9d61b674_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849582663_5b9d61b674_c.jpg)
11.5" Barrel
I'm starting this thread to document my load work up for the Barnes 115gr TTSX and the 127gr LRX. I'm planning an elk hunt out west in '24, so I'm in search of the best possible 6.5 Grendel hunting bullet on the market for my 16" Precision Firearms Bartlein barrel primarily and my 11.5" Lilja barrel as secondary. All intelligent discussion is welcomed as well as any load, range, or on target data anyone has for Barnes bullets.
16" Precision Firearms Bartlein Barrel Data
![[Image: 52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg)
11.5" Lilja Barrel Data
![[Image: 52848462447_e1654e6df8_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462447_e1654e6df8_c.jpg)
Velocity collected with a magnetospeed at yesterday's range trip.
16" Barrel
![[Image: 52849582663_5b9d61b674_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849582663_5b9d61b674_c.jpg)
11.5" Barrel
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin


![[Image: 52849440620_cf3093e812_b.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849440620_cf3093e812_b.jpg)
![[Image: 52848462427_0e961a367a_b.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462427_0e961a367a_b.jpg)
![[Image: 52849497553_724ea9b76e_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849497553_724ea9b76e_c.jpg)
![[Image: 52849227129_722bbd23ea_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849227129_722bbd23ea_c.jpg)
![[Image: 52848462557_b84e0e9295_b.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462557_b84e0e9295_b.jpg)
![[Image: 52848462147_0faeb1693e_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462147_0faeb1693e_c.jpg)
![[Image: 52848462142_8a4393ed44_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52848462142_8a4393ed44_c.jpg)
![[Image: 52849041556_e98807323e_c.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52849041556_e98807323e_c.jpg)