Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cutting Edge Bullets Load Data
#1
I'm starting this thread to document my load work up for cutting edge bullets. I'm planning an elk hunt out west in '24, so I'm in search of the best possible 6.5 Grendel hunting bullet on the market for my 16" Precision Firearms Bartlein barrel primarily and my 11.5" Lilja barrel as secondary. All intelligent discussion is welcomed as well as any load, range, or on target data anyone has for cutting edge bullets.

16" Precision Firearms Bartlein Barrel Data
[Image: 52849440515_452f00e120_c.jpg]

11.5" Lilja Barrel Data
[Image: 52848462447_e1654e6df8_c.jpg]

Velocity collected with a magnetospeed at yesterday's range trip.
16" Barrel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ow8VF6][Image: 52849582663_5b9d61b674_b.jpg]
11.5" Barrel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ow6ABS][Image: 52849128336_020e9fb3cf_b.jpg]
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#2
Cutting Edge Lazer Tipped HP 125gr

These have great potential, but unfortunately they're not going to work in the Grendel at least not in an AR. I had to seat them so deep that the edge of the case was no longer contacting the bullet. I don't think these were stabile in my rifle, as you can see from the target at 300 yards.

16" Ladder
[Image: 52848462497_81305f96bb_b.jpg]

Waste of a good target.
[Image: 52848480667_8eec6fe2ba_c.jpg]

Post Brass.
[Image: 52849041781_a9c518a357_c.jpg]
[Image: 52849041716_762be14674_c.jpg]
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#3
Cutting Edge ER Raptor 110gr

These are showing a lot of promise for both barrels.

Ladder
16"
[Image: 52848462522_e6ccea2326_b.jpg]
11.5" Plannned
[Image: 52848462397_eb85b679c1_c.jpg]

Target at 300
[Image: 52849458030_95b7fc0f1b_c.jpg]
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#4
The following is the bullet analysis I did to come up with my initial charges. Right or wrong not having much to start with on these, this seemed the most promising after trying it a few different ways.
[Image: 52849440505_8d0a34f96a_c.jpg]
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)