Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel cheap plinking bullets
#1
I have a good supply of rather expensive Hornady 123 gr SST ammo, and I can load up 100 or so Nosler 100 gr BTs. Since I don’t want to buy more of the Hornady (at that price) and I can’t replace the Nosler bullets these days, I need a good plinking bullet, and if it’s up to use on pigs, that would be a side benefit. What’s available and useable?
Reply
#2
All from Midway USA...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010455567?pid=947484

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023585524?pid=867850

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010446597?pid=692729

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020523048?pid=955542
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply
#3
I ordered 200 of the 95s. Thanks.
Reply
#4
Did you get the blems or the Hornady factory bullets I noticed that had both this morning.
Reply
#5
The 95gn blems are sold out. The Hornady Factory 95gn VMAX are still in stock.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply
#6
The speer 90g tnt is way cheaper than the factory seconds @ just under $20 per 100 from midwayusa. I also have better accuracy with the tnt over the vmax. Seems kinda pricey to me for factory seconds.
Reply
#7
Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I haven’t looked in the last day or two, but I’d sure buy some if I could.

I bought the blemished 95’s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.
Reply
#8
603 Country Wrote:Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I haven’t looked in the last day or two, but I’d sure buy some if I could.

I bought the blemished 95’s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.

I just bought some last night from midway, just over $50 for 2 boxes of 100. I love speer tnt, about the only bullets I shoot for plinking and coyote hunting, so good I run them in my 223's also.
Reply
#9
603 Country Wrote:Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I haven’t looked in the last day or two, but I’d sure buy some if I could.

I bought the blemished 95’s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.

Ordered 2 boxes last night from midway, just over $50 including shipping.
Reply
#10
603 Country Wrote:, and if it’s up to use on pigs, that would be a side benefit. What’s available and useable?

Doublenaughtyspy has killed a ton of pigs with the Speer 90g tnt. Look in the hunting section of this forum for his videos..
Reply
#11
Another vote for the 90 grain TNT, they shoot lights out in all my Grendels.
Reply
#12
I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. I’d better look again.
Reply
#13
603 Country Wrote:I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. I’d better look again.

Go to speer.com they are in stock. A bit more at speer but if you spend $100 you get free shipping.
Reply
#14
603 Country Wrote:I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. I’d better look again.

Yup, gone already. They don't last long, keep an eye out at speer.com also.
Reply
#15
They are showing 27.99 a box
Reply
#16
My iPad shows out, with no back order on the 90’s.

I’m now on the alert list for the bullet.
Reply
#17
90 TNT are by far the best value Grendel bullets out there. By far. Accurate, terminally effective. Only place they don't shine as well is at extended ranges. If you aren't take 400 yard trophy shots, then game on.
Reply
#18
The bullets would be primarily for paper punching, plinking, and pig shooting, and the pig shooting would typically be at less than 200 yards. The grandkids and I will use the rifle, and those grandkids can run through some ammo in a hurry. So, I want good useful ammo but keep it as inexpensive as I can.

I appreciate the valuable knowledge sharing of the forum folk.
Reply
#19
midsouth has the 123 hpbt for @ 32cpb atm
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)