Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Australian Primer Shortage
#1
So I’ve got 700 rem 7.5s but they are stashed for my 223. Only Fed 205s available so bought 1000. Should do the job in the Howa Mini? No more primers for 18 months apparently!
Reply
#2
Yup it's bleak. Literally millions on backorder already. Cleavers got some in a month or so back but I don't know if they ship down your way, you're in SA right?
Reply
#3
Nah, near Canberra. Different Paringa in SA haha.
Reply
#4
Guys (Mates):

Prepare for a real suckfest.

We are seeing primers coming back into the market at legitimate places and they are at least three times the cost of 18 months ago.

If a guy wanted to buy some primers here, any size, it will probably be CCI's. They seem to be more available than any other brand.

Winchester and Federal are almost impossible to find. Some will hit the market and be sold out in a couple of hours and you won't see them available again for several months.

Wait until your scalpers buy up every primer they can find and start asking a dollar or two per primer. That ought to infuriate you as much as it did us.

Would say 'good luck' but I am afraid luck has nothing to do with it.

LR-55
Reply
#5
Paringa,

Time are tough but I don't think it's that bad. Just purchased a couple of 1K boxes of 450's and the guy said he has 51 more boxes out the back. They're going for $120AUD/1K = $85USD/1K).

What he did say is they're concerned about powder and projies. We all know about the new ADI APS pistol powder debacle. He reckons ADI is concentrating on the four powders they export (to the US): 2206H, 2208 and 2209 and 2213. Projies are in short supply as a lot of manufacturers are loading them in tp their own factory ammunition as a priority and that leaves less for reloaders.
Reply
#6
Quote: Winchester and Federal are almost impossible to find. Some will hit the market and be sold out in a couple of hours and you won't see them available again for several months.

Natchez had Federal primers for sale multiple times for days on end couple of months ago! i posted here about their availability ad nauseam. They also had 5,000-10,000 daily limit. I know that because I bought a ship load of them, day after day after day!


http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...Components
Reply
#7
Harpoon1 Wrote:Natchez had Federal primers for sale multiple times for days on end couple of months ago! i posted here about their availability ad nauseam. They also had 5,000-10,000 daily limit. I know that because I bought a ship load of them, day after day after day!


http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...Components

Harpoon:

Situational Awareness a problem today?

These guys are in Australia.

LR-55
Reply
#8
LR1955 Wrote:Harpoon:

Situational Awareness a problem today?

These guys are in Australia.

LR-55

Yes, I know. I was replying to your lament that “ Winchester and Federal are almost impossible to find. Some will hit the market and be sold out in a couple of hours and you won't see them available again for several months.”!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)