Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Remington Tipped Core Loct
#1
Anybody seen any of this and do you think the bullet would work in the Grendel? https://www.remington.com/core-lokt-tipped.html. I ask Remington about expansion and OAL. If i hear anything I'll let you know. 6.5mm 129gn
Reply
#2
Ask them what they recommend for the minimum impact velocity for expansion.
shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Reply
#3
I watched their video on the 270- 130 gr load, listed as 3080 MV and 0.447 BC.
At 500 yds it went into the gel, came out 0.670 mushroom...
At 500 yds with that initial MV,BC I show 2127 fps for the 500 yd.
The 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 gel blocks, the mushroom got progressively bigger, at 500 it was the largest one they show.
From .277 it expanded 0.500-0.670, so pretty impressive.
FWIW.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#4
Any idea if you can get them as a component only?
Reply
#5
I've seen several comments by Remington that they are concentrating on loaded ammo. May be later.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)