11-27-2021, 11:43 PM
I bought a bunch of these with hopes of attaining MOAish for use as practice on steel out to 550 yards (500 meters). Did a quick ladder with AR Comp and was quite satisfied with the results. The below groups are slightly under MOA and were with Magnetto strapped on and they patterned so they could get better.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18420[/ATTACH]
I figured 26.6 gr at 2500 and an SD of 2 was more than good enough (and the group patterned 2 left then 2 right) so I loaded up a bunch and hit the steel range. They did great on small targets at 220 yards and 6" poppers at 330. The only misses were on me. I took a couple of pokes at 10"ers at 440 yards and they went where they were supposed to. Then it was onto 550 and I saw nothing from my first shot. I dialed my magnification back a bit and took another to see it fall woefully low. My elevation hold should have been 4.3 mils and I worked up to 6.0 mils and was still low when my mag ran out. I scratched my head and got back to drills at closer range with the ammo I had left.
I'm normally a 100% G7 user, but there isn't a G7 I can find. I know a G1 starts getting iffy past 400, but shouldn't result in a 1.5 mil difference- especially with 440 being relatively on. It's almost as if they started tumbling ......
Barrel is an 8 twist 22" JP. Wind that day was 5-12 mph from between 11 and 1 o'clock.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience or has successfully taken them to 500 and beyond. I have been otherwise relatively happy with them given the price point and availability.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18420[/ATTACH]
I figured 26.6 gr at 2500 and an SD of 2 was more than good enough (and the group patterned 2 left then 2 right) so I loaded up a bunch and hit the steel range. They did great on small targets at 220 yards and 6" poppers at 330. The only misses were on me. I took a couple of pokes at 10"ers at 440 yards and they went where they were supposed to. Then it was onto 550 and I saw nothing from my first shot. I dialed my magnification back a bit and took another to see it fall woefully low. My elevation hold should have been 4.3 mils and I worked up to 6.0 mils and was still low when my mag ran out. I scratched my head and got back to drills at closer range with the ammo I had left.
I'm normally a 100% G7 user, but there isn't a G7 I can find. I know a G1 starts getting iffy past 400, but shouldn't result in a 1.5 mil difference- especially with 440 being relatively on. It's almost as if they started tumbling ......
Barrel is an 8 twist 22" JP. Wind that day was 5-12 mph from between 11 and 1 o'clock.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience or has successfully taken them to 500 and beyond. I have been otherwise relatively happy with them given the price point and availability.
Let's go Brandon!

