Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel vs Big Ole' Texas Whitetail Buck
#1
I've been after this buck since last season. Opening morning this past Saturday, I see him coming out of a creek bank and approaching my direction. I'm in a stand on the opposite side of the Colorado River positioned about 50ft above him. He gives me a quartering-to angle and I break the trigger at approx 130 yards. The Hornady 123gr SST entered the base of his neck and into his chest cavity, taking out the top of the heart. He collapsed upon impact.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17114[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
John 11:25-26
Reply
#2
Congrats on a great buck. Grendel will do its job if we just let it.
Reply
#3
Really nice buck and shot.
Reply
#4
Outstanding buck, congratulations! Give us the rifle/ammo specs please. I’d like to know which stock you’re using and how you like it as I would like to replace the standard m-4 with something that gives me a little better cheek weld.

peak98
Reply
#5
Big ole buck for sure. Good work. I second the request for ammo specs.
Reply
#6
Rifle: JP Enterprise, 18" reverse contour medium weight barrel w/ thermal dissipator. Silencerco Omega suppressor.

Stock: LMT SOPMOD

Ammo: Factory loaded Hornady 123gr SST
Reply
#7
Congrats on your great buck .
Reply
#8
good shot
Reply
#9
Awesome buck.
Reply
#10
Congratz! That's a fine lookin' buck!
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply
#11
Very nice, congrats !
Reply
#12
Great buck!!! All I got was a hog on opening day.
Reply
#13
Glad to see your JP 6.5 Grendel is still putting critters down! Thanks for posting!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)