Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Missouri Youth season
#1
This is my first post on this (or any) forum so i hope i got the image put in correctly. My son shot a nice 8 point buck using howa mini action, 6.5 grendel 22" and the speer 90 grain tnt handloaded. His 3rd youth season and his 3rd deer.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
Very nice deer indeed!
Reply
#3
Congratulations to your son! That’s awesome! Please tell how the 90gr tnt performed as I’ve wondered if the tnt would be a good deer round or not when shot out of a Grendel platform.
peak98
Reply
#4
Very nice! Great memories and the pictures shows up for me.
Reply
#5
Thanks men. The bullet entered the rib cage missing the ribs and exploded the heart and lungs. The hydraulic shock was impressive. There was no exit but i quit cutting into it once i saw all the damage and did not recover any bullet or fragments. The buck ran about 40 yards. No blood trail at all but also no heart left to pump blood out. His deer last year (much smaller buck) was high shoulder shot and collapsed DRT. The bullet works well for us. I switched to it from the 120 NBT after watching carpe sus shoot hogs with it. Deer was shot at 50 yards, stepped off.
Reply
#6
That’s a Nice Buck Congrats!!
Reply
#7
Congrats to your son on he's buck .
Reply
#8
For some reason I can’t get your pics and not attachment opens.
I was of the same thoughts on the TNT bullet in the 65G. The performance on hogs looked like it would make a good whitetail bullet, I just couldn’t talk myself into it this year. I went with 120 Sierra.

At 50 yards the impact velocity may have been a little high for the TNT bullet, it may have exited at a few more yards.
Varmint bullets have been used in several handgun cartridges since all of them dropped their single shot pistol bullets several years ago.
Buddy told me the Speer gold dots performed very well at velocities seen in the same area as the Grendel. Thought I found some, I had patience, finally received and email that I might get them by February or March. So I went with the 120 Sierras.
Reply
#9
Nice buck for the little guy.
JSH don't worry about the 120 Sierra Pro Hunter it will work fine. I like the 120 Gold Dot better but the Sierra will get the job done just fine. I killed a deer with it last year out of my 18" Grendel.
Reply
#10
Awesome deer and awesome memories created. Congrats to your son and you.
Reply
#11
Congratulations on a great hunt!!
Reply
#12
Nice Rifle and Buck Congratulations!
Reply
#13
Awesome buck, congratulations.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)