Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
I emailed Shooters World yesterday about getting some data on their Tactical powder for the 6.5 Grendel 90-100 grain bullets. I was contacted back by Ken Johnson this morning wanting to know which bullets I was interested in so they could do some testing. I told him the Hornady 100gr ELD-M, the Sierra 107 HPBT, and the Speer 90 HP TNT. I figure that the load range for one bullet would pretty well cover all of them. At least it would give me a place to start.
I remember someone on here asking about Tactical powder so I thought I would see if I could find out some loads as I am interested also. When I hear something back with data I will post it.
Posts: 1,238
Threads: 51
Joined: Dec 2017
09-03-2020, 03:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 03:47 PM by Harpoon1.)
jasper2408 Wrote:I emailed Shooters World yesterday about getting some data on their Tactical powder for the 6.5 Grendel 90-100 grain bullets. I was contacted back by Ken Johnson this morning wanting to know which bullets I was interested in so they could do some testing. I told him the Hornady 100gr ELD-M, the Sierra 107 HPBT, and the Speer 90 HP TNT. I figure that the load range for one bullet would pretty well cover all of them. At least it would give me a place to start.
I remember someone on here asking about Tactical powder so I thought I would see if I could find out some loads as I am interested also. When I hear something back with data I will post it.
90 TNT
95 Vmax
100 Nosler BT
120 Gold Dots
Ive emailed Shooters World multiple times and have never heard a word back from them. Very disappointing.
When you hear from him again, ask him where all the Buffalo Rifle reduced load data is, they said was forthcoming in 2019?
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
Harpoon1 Wrote:90 TNT
95 Vmax
100 Nosler BT
120 Gold Dots
Ive emailed Shooters World multiple times and have never heard a word back from them. Very disappointing.
When you hear from him again, ask him where all the Buffalo Rifle reduced load data they said was coming in 2019 is? 
I have always heard back from them when I had a question. Usually within 2-3 days. I was surprised that I got a response from Ken himself. I guess time will tell if they get me the data or not.
I just emailed them about the Buffalo Rifle data you talked about to see what they say. Will let you know when/if I hear back from them.
Posts: 1,238
Threads: 51
Joined: Dec 2017
jasper2408 Wrote:I have always heard back from them when I had a question. Usually within 2-3 days. I was surprised that I got a response from Ken himself. I guess time will tell if they get me the data or not.
I just emailed them about the Buffalo Rifle data you talked about to see what they say. Will let you know when/if I hear back from them.
Jasper
Thanks very much for trying. I even signed on to Facebook, and posted there.........nothing, no response. IDK?
Ive had decent results with the powder, just zero support from Shooters World. Frustrating.
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
Quote:Thanks very much for trying. I even signed on to Facebook, and posted there.........nothing, no response. IDK?
Ive had decent results with the powder, just zero support from Shooters World. Frustrating.
Hopefully they will respond with some data.
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
09-10-2020, 07:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 07:19 PM by jasper2408.)
I noticed that Shooters World has a new reloading manual posted on their site (8/31/20). I noticed it does have some new load data for Buffalo Rifle powder(not for the Grendel) and nothing for Tactical and the 6.5 Grendel in 90-100 grain bullets yet. Figured it might be a couple of months for the Tactical data.
https://shootersworldpowder.com/
Posts: 1,238
Threads: 51
Joined: Dec 2017
jasper2408 Wrote:I noticed that Shooters World has a new reloading manual posted on their site (8/31/20). I noticed it does have some new load data for Buffalo Rifle powder(not for the Grendel) and nothing for Tactical and the 6.5 Grendel in 90-100 grain bullets yet. Figured it might be a couple of months for the Tactical data.
https://shootersworldpowder.com/
Thanks for the heads up.
Looking at the data, Im glad I didnt make any assumptions, holy cow! Looks the Buffalo Rifle is quite a different animal than H4895!
Need to wait on more approved data, dont want to blow my face off! Thats a JRB reference, for those who didn't catch it!
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
Harpoon1 Wrote:Thanks for the heads up.
Looking at the data, Im glad I didnt make any assumptions, holy cow! Looks the Buffalo Rifle is quite a different animal than H4895!
Need to wait on more approved data, dont want to blow my face off! Thats a JRB reference, for those who didn't catch it! 
One of his "Holy Crap"s would work here too.
Posts: 1,238
Threads: 51
Joined: Dec 2017
jasper2408 Wrote:One of his "Holy Crap"s would work here too. 
Indubitably!
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
Yeah JRB has definitely influenced my language.
I never really paid much attention to Buffalo Rifle powder before and I didn't realize how fast a burning powder it is. I did notice that the original loads in their previous load manuals were for straight-walled rifle cases though.
I am guessing that the Tactical data will go from 22-23gr for the low and might go as high as 30-31gr but going to be safe and wait and see what they show.
Posts: 1,238
Threads: 51
Joined: Dec 2017
jasper2408 Wrote:Yeah JRB has definitely influenced my language. 
I never really paid much attention to Buffalo Rifle powder before and I didn't realize how fast a burning powder it is. I did notice that the original loads in their previous load manuals were for straight-walled rifle cases though.
I am guessing that the Tactical data will go from 22-23gr for the low and might go as high as 30-31gr but going to be safe and wait and see what they show.
According to their chart, you can use it in just about anything. Im just looking for a alternative/backup to H4895/Trailboss for reduced loads. Ive got enough info now with that 243 load in the new manual, I can start working down in bullet weight from there.
Posts: 640
Threads: 75
Joined: Jan 2019
Harpoon1 Wrote:According to their chart, you can use it in just about anything. Im just looking for a alternative/backup to H4895/Trailboss for reduced loads. Ive got enough info now with that 243 load in the new manual, I can start working down in bullet weight from there.
Cool, glad you were able to get some useful info.