Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
For fans of Johnny's Reloading Bench - He's back with 6mm ARC
#1
I love watching his videos and have learned a lot from him. His whole setup is sweet.

Highlight for me...108ELD-M + 28.8gr. CFE223 + 2.253 COAL = 2550fps + .35" 5-shot group + 2.5SD NICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOZDbYIc...dio=1&t=24

Almost makes me want to get a 6mmARC barrel.

What I like about Johnny's vids is that his methods yield results. I've watched other reloaders vids and their groups are not necessarily enviable. Also, they're not as methodical and their content is more one-offs.

Johnny's setup is also very easy to watch. He's got all the information there that I want to see on screen: powder charge, bullet, velocity and stat data all in real time. He's really on top of his content game.

On top of that he doesn't have a guitar-riff infused title sequence that's just a waste of time. He just jumps right in the content. He also edits out all the "dead" content.
Reply
#2
I'm with you, by far my favorite YouTube reloader, watch all of his videos.
Kenny
Reply
#3
He is the only youtuber I watch or trust with handloading.
Reply
#4
Oh and another biggie...he includes ALL his shots in his groups size...no "mulligans" other youtubers conveniently disregard.
Reply
#5
I watched it already. I may watch it again.
Reply
#6
Based on the newly published load data for GAS GUNs he’d be over max charge , seeing as the max charge for a 105 grain bullet and CFe223 is 28.6 grains.......
Reply
#7
HuntTXhogs Wrote:Based on the newly published load data for GAS GUNs he’d be over max charge , seeing as the max charge for a 105 grain bullet and CFe223 is 28.6 grains.......

The chart I downloaded lists the gas gun max load of CFE 223 as 29.1 for the 108 to 110 grain bullets. Did they revise the data?
Reply
#8
Hornady didn’t revise that data but on the latest issued data If you watch the trend in CFE223 across all bullet weights it points to lower charge weights than what they originally published.

It’s to be expected when you birth a cartridge and fumble the launch ...

If the MAX load for a lighter weight bullet (105 grain) is 28.6 how the heck can it be explained that the MAX charge increases for the 108 grain?

It can’t , it’s “old data” and they haven’t circled around to revising it because , well it just came out

:confused:
Reply
#9
Thanks HuntTXhogs, I wasn't aware of the new gas gun data from Hornady. For those following at home- https://www.hornady.com/assets/site/horn...r-data.pdf.
You are right 28.6 is max for 105's. They have some splaining to do. Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)